Tyrone, your arguments have gotten so stupid now that it's obvious you're arguing only for its own sake. But then again, what else is new? It seems like the only reason you come to this board is to start and participate in arguments.

Yet, here I go, feeding the troll once again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
You are using the term star. Pal uses the term superstar. There is a difference.
Is the difference so great that he deserves to be called one of the 5 most overrated quarterbacks of all time? I think not.

I understand why the hype on Romo. But, to annoint him a superstar in the same class as brady, favre, manning just proves Pal's point.

Pal isn't saying he is a bad player. Just overrated. Pal isn't saying don't call him a rising star..just that the superstar hype makes him overrated..
The guy came seemingly out of nowhere, and put up good enough numbers to lead the league in passer rating---which means he was outperforming Brady, Favre & Manning---as a first-year starter.

The guy was playing like a superstar. So why wouldn't the media treat him like one? I've said it twice now in previous posts---his story is the type that the media kills for. And he's backed up the hype so far this season.

If Romo wasn't playing for Dallas he would be in the same category as Rivers who, prior to this year, accomplished as much. Why isn't rivers on this list?.
I agree that playing for a highly exposed team like Dallas makes Romo more popular, but Romo came out of the gate playing better than Rivers too. Rivers played almost half a season before his coaches trusted him enough to take the training wheels off and let him chuck it.

You are missing understanding the comma in Pals sentence. He isn't saying it that he barely made the team last year. He is talking in the past. If he wanted to say that it all happened in the same year he leaves out the comma. You use a comma to separate ideas. This is standard english..
This is easliy the stupidest thing I have read in a long time. I have already covered the fact that barely making the team years earlier doesn't support the writer's point. You continue to argue this stupidity, and then you hit me with "If he wanted to say that it all happened in the same year he leaves out the comma. You use a comma to separate ideas. This is standard english (sic)."

Where the hell did you learn English? You must have missed that day in grade school, when you were giving blowjobs for crack.

Tell me, professor, if this sentence flows correctly:

"He barely made the team and after one season of play he became a full-fledged superstar without really accomplishing anything to deserve it."

Seriously, Tank made smarter arguments than the shit you're selling. Nobody is buying.

He came into 06 as Bledsoe's backup. He didn't just barely make the team. He is referring to the previous year when he did just barely make the team.
Well, if you wanna be ticky-tacky about the details (and you always do, when someone else makes a factual error that you can use to goad them into an argument), you would acknowledge that Romo did NOT barely make the team in the previous year (2005). By that time, he was second string, and had played very well in the preseason. Romo barely made the team in 2003 and possibly also in 2004. This is why referencing that fact (that he barely made the team maybe 2 or three seasons earlier) does nothing to support the writer's argument that he's supposedly overrated now.

Game, set, match.

I know you're gonna get the last word in. You always do. But you're grasping at straws now. This shit is over.