Toughen up people! People have been riding Favre's bandwagon to cash in for years. First to marvel at the young QB. Then to anoint him King (though I doubt a majority have him top 5 all time Harvey). Then to pronounce him a drama queen. Then to pronounce him dead.

Sal has been making this assertion since the book was released in AUGUST! He compared Favre's statistics to Vick's for a stretch of the 2000s. Shocker, they were close, especially after the 4-12 disaster.

In other news, Dan Marino not a Hall of Famer if you look only at the last four years of his career.

I usually like Sal, but this book seems a cop out for him. He's a print reporter by trade and his stuff was balanced by a jaded view of all sporting cliches. I liked his almost obvious contempt for conventional rationale and wisdom.

Unfortunately, this book dives right into that end of that pool. By publishing his own take on the best/worst/rated, he looks foolish after the passage of time.

I'd be curious to see if he owns up to the mistake or takes the easy route and claims they aren't HIS ratings, he's just commenting.