Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
Quote Originally Posted by PlantPage55
Okay. So people like him because he's got a good image from the media.

How does that make him an overrated QB?

I think the:
- 3 MVPs
- 1 Super Bowl Ring
- All the passing records (except yards....for now)
- All time wins
- Iron Man Streak

All would say differently.

Give me a fucking break, Sal.
Agreed.

And he also misses the boat on Romo. Romo did not "barely make the team"---I recall some murmurs coming out of Dallas' training camp last year that Romo looked better than Bledsoe and should take the starting job right out of the gate. I remember being less-than-surprised when Romo took over later in the year and played well, because of what I had heard earlier.

And this shows the danger in making bold pronouncements while history is still being written. This book was probably written many months ago. Favre and Romo both are making him look like a moron with the seasons they're having.

Speaking of which, I wrote an article for Packerrats a couple of weeks ago and submitted it to our editor:

Now---before it sees "print,"---things are occurring that will make some of my own bold assertions look foolish. Oh well.
Umm, romo did just barely make the team. I don't know what you are talking about, Bledsoe wasn't even in the picture when romo started with the cowboys.

He was a 3rd stringer, behind such notables as Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson.

He wouldn't have even been on the roster the following year if QC didn't get suspended for drugs. They had traded for Drew Henson and had Vinnie on the squad. Sorry, but they weren't going to keep 4 qbs.

The point Sal is making is that he was a SUPERSTAR out of the gate without having to prove himself.

I have to agree. If he wasn't playing in Dallas there is no way that he woulda been a superstar right away. Not saying he doesn't deserve it NOW, but that isn't Sal's point.

As for Favre. i'm in semi agreement. He isn't denigrating his QB skills at all. Just saying that his good ol boy legend has overtaken everything else. No one remembers his calling out team mates when he certainly wouldn't have liked that done to him, his poor decision making, his drug problems, his drinking problems, his ever constant should i retire, keep the team in suspense act.

Do i love Favre. OF COURSE. But, the myth is a bit much to take. And, the constant fawning over him is a bit nauseating. To think that Favre personfies everything that is good/just/right in the NFL/America is just ridiculous.