Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys favored by 7 over the Pack

Cowboys favored by 7 over the Pack

The over/under is 51.5.....looking for a shoot out.

I figured the spread would be less than 10.

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    With the way everyone has conceded the victory to the Cowboys - even a lot of the posters here speak of Green Bay losing as if its a foregone conclusion - I'm surprised the line isn't higher.

I suspect even Green Bay fans are waiting around expecting Favre to throw 6 picks in a game at least once this season.

Don't bet against the Pack - but if you do, take the points....
    Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

Yes, I am one of the posters who predict a Cowboys win. At the same time, I admit the Packers have pleasantly surprised me many times this season.

Even if the Packers lose this game, I am impressed with the ever growing maturity I am seeing in the younger players. Come playoff time, that increasing maturity is going to translate into a highly competitive playoff team!

Injuries should give the Cowboys an edge...not even factoring in HFA.

Green Bay needs to take a page out of the Patriots book, go 5 wide and throttle that Cowboy secondary.

7 points - that's assinine. I know, I know, it's a betting line. But putting Dal up by a TD is a lot. The MOST I expected to see was 6.5, and thought it would be a 3pt spread, which is a push, of course.

I'd have to think there'll be a lot of money coming in on GB. How can you make a 10-1 team a 7pt underdog
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with vegas odds its actually a 4 point edge. the home team always gets 3 points.

Re: Cowboys favored by 7 over the Pack

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    The over/under is 51.5.....looking for a shoot out.

I figured the spread would be less than 10.
    The perception around the country is that the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC. The media tells them so......so it must be true. So.....Vegas can get away with making Dallas a 7 point favorite. Can the Packers score 20? Can they hold the Cowboys to less than 27? Both questions can be answered YES. The Cowboys may win by more than 7.......but I think the smart money will be on the Packers to keep it close or win. It can go either way......I guess that's why they call it gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness
    7 points - that's assinine. I know, I know, it's a betting line. But putting Dal up by a TD is a lot. The MOST I expected to see was 6.5, and thought it would be a 3pt spread, which is a push, of course.

I'd have to think there'll be a lot of money coming in on GB. How can you make a 10-1 team a 7pt underdog
    Agreed, I was expecting this line to come out at Dallas by 5-5.5. This line seems a little high. I expect it to lower as the week goes on.

The Packers will win!

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    The Packers will win!
    They have won my heart for eternity. I also think they have a decent shot Thursday night.

I'll be setting my alarm to 1:57 a.m.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    So what the Packers are the underdogs, thats the attitude they need to go in there with and play a little smash mouth football. Hopefully everyone is healthy. I expect Woodson to at least give it a shot, literally, I think he is going to shoot up his toe with pain killers, that should do it.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I hope like hell the Packers win.

I also hope that Romo has a decent game. He's from my hometown in WI and even though I never met him (I was before his time), part of me is always going to root for him to do well. The whole small town kid does good story.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    This is the spread I would have expected. You gotta remember that Texans are sports betters and that the first thing sports betters look at is rushing yards. Lots of people will be putting money on Dallas and starting the spread at 7 is a good call by the bookies.

However we all know its ridiculous and the Packers are twice the team the Boys are. This isn't even the toughest game we've had this season, just the team with the best record.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I'm sure injuries along the D line & secondary contribute(Woodson & his toe will probably play) but Rouse is banged up and Collins will be rusty if he's able to go..

Goddamn NFL network / Time Warner
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

If I was a betting man, I would be putting money on the Packers.

I think there is a fair chance that they win the game outright, let alone getting some points. Where is the moneyline?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    So what the Packers are the underdogs, thats the attitude they need to go in there with and play a little smash mouth football. Hopefully everyone is healthy. I expect Woodson to at least give it a shot, literally, I think he is going to shoot up his toe with pain killers, that should do it.
    If the Packers lose, I might have to shoot up with some pain killers too.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

If Green Bay were healthy, I'd feel we match up pretty well with Dallas. However, if KGB and Woodson are out, it will be tough to win. Jolly and Cole are out. Jenkins is still bothered by his injury. Now, KGB. That means either running Jenkins, Pickett, and Williams more than they are used to OR relying on guys like Hunter, Harrell, and Muir. That's a tall order. I'm afraid our DL is going to get worn out. If Collins and Rouse are out, then you are looking at a defense with many contributors out (Jolly, KGB, Woodson, Collins, Rouse, Cole).

Come on guys, we're better than this. Every team in the NFL has injury problems. We now have a legit shot at getting an L and now we need to scream out the injury excuse. Bears fans should have a field day with that, they've lost many starts due to injury. We beat the Broncos in OT but since they were banged up, we really aren't better than them??? You play with what you have and in the NFL, you must expect injury. You all are selling Ted's depth short. I'm not saying the Packers will win but they have a good chance so lets stop the excuses. Role your sleeves up and have faith that the Packers will get the job done.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Crayton will be ready to play on Thursday for Dallas. Their only big injury at the moment is Glenn.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

#4 and the offense are just going to have to score more points.

It is going to be nice to see Favre get that Texas Stadium monkey off his back before they blow the place up.
    C.H.U.D.