Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Rand!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Bring Back Rand!

Where the fuck is Prof Rand? It’s been over a year; his ego still battered? Has he devolved into Jaire? Whatever. This thread is actually about Rand Cobb.

The Packers ain’t have a bona fide slot man since they idiotically allowed Cobb to walk the walk of life. 1st round rookie receivers usually aren’t primed for prime time, so what makes y’all think the 3rd round rook and his 5.37 40 will be able to dash out anything more than punt return yardage?

Cobb remains a bona fide NFL slot man. If 12 is Air and 17 is Pip and 2021 is the Last Dance, then Cobb back in the Green and Musta Yellow would be Steve Kerr. When it’s 4th and 3 in the clutch, Cobb would provide the Pack with a crucial 3.

Plus, Cobb is perfect for the role of the jet sweeper.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I'd rather have Amari Rodgers - better at a tiny fraction of the price.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It’s 4th and 3 with Super Bowl 56 on the line, who would you rather have on the field, Cobb or the rookie?

Today’s the first day of the Last Dance. The rookie is gonna need time to blossom. 12 doesn’t have a lot of time left.

Bring back Cobb.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

I loved Randall Cobb and thought his utility was underutilized in GB, but does he have any quicks left? I'd bet as smart as Cobb is, Amari would be better on short-yardage sweeps and screens in Fall 2021.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    It’s 4th and 3 with Super Bowl 56 on the line, who would you rather have on the field, Cobb or the rookie?

Today’s the first day of the Last Dance. The rookie is gonna need time to blossom. 12 doesn’t have a lot of time left.

Bring back Cobb.
    I will answer that question in the post season. What if amari is the rare rookie wr who is good in his 1st season? Then I take him in a heart beat over Cobb.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

The only reason I would consider bringing back Cobb is if it was done to please Rodgers, and only then if it led to a long term deal.

Sounds like it's official.

Holy shit. We agree.

Sounds like it's a done deal. I'd say ugh, but Cobb will probably score the game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Two QBs were released. I wonder who else they might bring back. Maybe B.J. Raji or Clay Matthews. Hopefully, not Jake Kumerow.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I am totally excited that we have added speed to our receiving core with this move.

Bring back Driver, Jennings, and Jones!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Hahahhaha Cobb will only be healthy for 3 games so who cares?
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Bring black Finley!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

This is good for Amari Rodgers. Nothing good comes from having him piss Aaron Rodgers off as a rookie and never get the ball. Give him a redshirt year and let Cobb show him the ways of pro football.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

And Amari is a nice starting point for Jordan Love. They’ll get tons of reps together and build some chemistry so they can hit the ground running next year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It won't affect Amari much. His main role was sweeps and special teams for the first year. He gets to break in easy to an expanded role. Personally, I don't want Cobb taking too many snaps a game anyways with his dinged up body.

Have to wait on contract details. But reportedly AR is not getting more money. So this was a no brainer really. And Cobb could flourish in this system as well. Amari is not gonna be ready for playoff games. Cobb could be key. He is clutch and doesn't need speed in this system.

Blog Entries
    I hope we gave up nothing of value for Cobb
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Like any deal, it's all about the details, and we don't know the details. I too hope we're getting him cheap. I guess I can go along with the idea that learning from Cobb or whatever is good for Amari Rodgers and thus good for the Packers. For him, though, for other players, and for us fans, I can't help thinking it's all gonna turn to shit after this season - assuming the stories are true.

Blog Entries
    Like any deal, it's all about the details, and we don't know the details. I too hope we're getting him cheap. I guess I can go along with the idea that learning from Cobb or whatever is good for Amari Rodgers and thus good for the Packers. For him, though, for other players, and for us fans, I can't help thinking it's all gonna turn to shit after this season - assuming the stories are true.

Cobb is grossly overpaid and I'm not sure what he offers; anything over a 7th round draft pick is too much. Tauscher felt like delivering Cobb was part of AROD returning back. He had GB by the balls and broke them
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

They probably can get Houston to pay part of what Cobb is owed, but that would probably lead to the Packers giving up more in trade. Like I said, the details.