Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    I am still perplexed about Ben and Sayid. How does Ben get off the island?

More important, why does Sayid agree to be a hitman for Ben, a real slimeball, and proceed to eliminate people on Ben's list?
    My guess is that Ben has always had a way off the island ....as so he could conduct his "business" ...whatever that may be.

I hate seeing Sayid do anything Ben wants because I like Sayid....but I would have to think Ben is holding something really big over his head....like the lives of many of his island friends.

This show really needs to be on twice a week!!

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    I am still perplexed about Ben and Sayid. How does Ben get off the island?

More important, why does Sayid agree to be a hitman for Ben, a real slimeball, and proceed to eliminate people on Ben's list?
    ive been saying that i still think locke didnt blow up the submarine

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    This show really needs to be on twice a week!!
    it needs to be on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I don't think it was memory loss, it was that he was psychic. I mean after all he was just naming 3 random cards.

from what i took out of it, that they were the same cards that he was trying to memorize, if so how do you explain the part where he suddenly starts crying and they ask him why hes crying and he says i dont know

http://mirrormattermoon.blogspot.com/

some interesting theory's.

Another question I have about Kate is how does she afford to have a house to raise the toddler Aaron? Does she marry someone who has a house or does she get money somewhere else?
    A large settlement with Oceanic Airlines, maybe? Sayid said to the Italian guy he ended up killing that he did nothing. When the Italian suggested you would need some money to play exclusively on the course they were on Sayid came back with the line about receiving a large settlement from the airline.

Several people have suggested that Locke did not blow up the submarine. I believe it WAS destroyed. I would think that those that were in the proximity of the docks at the time might have checked on this. After all, it was not submersed, it was docked and in plain view and it would have left a pretty big mess. Nobody went to check on it at all after a massive explosion a few hundred feet away? For as strong as the writing is on this show, I would be disapointed if they would allow a fake demolition job on something as large as a sub to go on as unnoticed by inhabitants who seem to always know what's going on. Maybe it's as simple as there is another submarine, but I find it hard to believe the one we saw was not wrecked.

How does Ben get off the island, good question, to which I would add.. How did a polar bear get from the island to the other side of the globe and end up in Tunisia? How did Eco's brother's tiny plane get from central Africa to the middle of the island, again on the other side of the globe? How is an old ship, the Black Rock, landlocked in the middle of the island? Things traveling great distances unconventionally seems to be a frequent occurence on the island. If a polar bear can travel mysteriously thousands of miles to another location, why can't a human?

Ben's SECRET room had many different outfits and passports, apparently to allow him to go anywhere in the world. I would imagine his method of travel would also have to be secret, otherwise why hide all of the suits and passports from the Others? The submarine was not a secret that only Ben knew of, I think he has another way off the island that may end up being some kind of portal. Roger Alpert and Ethan Rom left the island in the submarine to recruit Juliet to the island to help with the pregnancies, other 'Others' were leaving the island, not just Ben. So again, how does a sub that was used by numerous Others that was supposedly destroyed NOT get checked on, and why the SECRET room for Ben?

Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    Several people have suggested that Locke did not blow up the submarine. I believe it WAS destroyed. I would think that those that were in the proximity of the docks at the time might have checked on this. After all, it was not submersed, it was docked and in plain view and it would have left a pretty big mess. Nobody went to check on it at all after a massive explosion a few hundred feet away? For as strong as the writing is on this show, I would be disapointed if they would allow a fake demolition job on something as large as a sub to go on as unnoticed by inhabitants who seem to always know what's going on. Maybe it's as simple as there is another submarine, but I find it hard to believe the one we saw was not wrecked.
    my question with it is that why would he be all wet if he really destroyed it. I think theres a chance he moved it and blew up the dock

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson
    Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    my question with it is that why would he be all wet if he really destroyed it. I think theres a chance he moved it and blew up the dock
    All wet because he planted the explosives on the propulsion system or another external area, he would have had to be in the water to do so.

Good call on the all wet detail. But the explosives still would have left wreckage that could have been seen the next day.

is it thursday yet?

whoop whoop

sayid and des raise hell on the ship tonight

Yippee!!! It's Thursday....my new favorite day of the week!!

man, this episode is super weird, but really good

awesome episode so far, very cool

It will be interesting to watch the repeat episode next week with all the pop-ups.

It was a weird episode and I'd rather it not be so much off the island stuff...but I think all the information tonight will be pertinent to explaining a lot about the island.

I thought it was a good episode.

? HOFer
    So, the ending was weird to me.

If Faraday told Desmond to go back in time and meet him, how would he know to use Desmond as someone he'd previously met as his constant? Either they previously met or that seems like a paradox or time travel. That, or Faraday knew that Desmond would be able to go back in time (I am convinced he's psychic) or he deliberately gave the wrong coordinates to make that happen, thus giving him that security blanket.

Regardless, too cutesy with the time travel for me.

ok

what if, the psychic had this same thing happen to him when he flew to the island? if desmond went back and met him in 1994 then the guy would know something was going to happen. thats why he was crying when he saw the tv saying the plane crashed (he knew what was about to happen). and that could explain the cards. he picked 3 cards before they took off, and when they landed he couldn't remember them, showing that he went through the same thing des did and told him about 10 years earlier.

thats when he wrote in the notebook that des is his constant to fix it in case his brain gets fried

its confusing, but cool

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    ok

what if, the psychic had this same thing happen to him when he flew to the island? if desmond went back and met him in 1994 then the guy would know something was going to happen. thats why he was crying when he saw the tv saying the plane crashed (he knew what was about to happen). and that could explain the cards. he picked 3 cards before they took off, and when they landed he couldn't remember them, showing that he went through the same thing des did and told him about 10 years earlier.

thats when he wrote in the notebook that des is his constant to fix it in case his brain gets fried

its confusing, but cool
    He didn't write it, it looked like it was already there. Regardless, that was kind of a weird ending.

But yes, I believe that the same thing happened to him as well which is what let him flash to the future. I think now you'll see that Desmond can control it and do the same.