Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 4

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Woodson
    Jacob the ghost that only Ben, Locke, and now Hurley can see?
    HUrley can see it, locke can hear it and i think ben can see it, but as far as i know locke is the only one that can hear it
    Just finding the cabin is a big deal I think, not something just anyone can do, something old Locke didn't seem to appreciate when he heard Hurley had been there. Hurley hasn't had the chance to hear him. Ben has seen him and heard him, unless he's bs-ing about all the communication he's had with Jacob.
    but why would ben ask locke what jacob said if he could hear him?

HUrley can see it, locke can hear it and i think ben can see it, but as far as i know locke is the only one that can hear it
    Just finding the cabin is a big deal I think, not something just anyone can do, something old Locke didn't seem to appreciate when he heard Hurley had been there. Hurley hasn't had the chance to hear him. Ben has seen him and heard him, unless he's bs-ing about all the communication he's had with Jacob.
    That Ben could not hear Jacob when he moaned 'help me' does not mean Ben has never heard him any other time.

Ben has been running his little society using Jacob's orders as the be-all-end-all voice of authority. Most recently Ben told patch-eye that Jacob told him to block all communications at the looking glass underwater station because the island was under attack from outside forces like they had not seen in a long time, right before he ordered patchy to kill the two women and Charlie in the season 3 finale.

There hasn't been any proof to this point that the show has given the viewer that Ben can actually hear Jacob, there hasn't been any to the contrary either. The numerous times Ben has referenced Jacob have always suggested he could both see and hear him. Kind of hard to be spreading Jacob's orders among the others if he can't actually hear him I would think. If he cannot actually hear him..the show hasn't gone there just yet.

That Ben could not hear Jacob when he moaned 'help me' does not mean Ben has never heard him any other time.

Ben has been running his little society using Jacob's orders as the be-all-end-all voice of authority. Most recently Ben told patch-eye that Jacob told him to block all communications at the looking glass underwater station because the island was under attack from outside forces like they had not seen in a long time, right before he ordered patchy to kill the two women and Charlie in the season 3 finale.

There hasn't been any proof to this point that the show has given the viewer that Ben can actually hear Jacob, there hasn't been any to the contrary either. The numerous times Ben has referenced Jacob have always suggested he could both see and hear him. Kind of hard to be spreading Jacob's orders among the others if he can't actually hear him I would think. If he cannot actually hear him..the show hasn't gone there just yet.
    hmm, good point.
    I just cant wait till next weeks episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    So the people on the freighter, we have Dharma, and we have time travel.

I like the show but if it goes too far into science fiction with time travel, and there is no De Lorean with a crazy Dr. Brown I am gonna be pissed.
    A plane knocked to pieces and blasted from the sky by an electromagnetic pulse on the island, desmond's mistake.

An island that no one seems able to find or navigate away from to civilization.

The chittering black smoke that showed Echo his evil past right before it bashed him to death, but apparently thinks highly of Locke.

A tiny plane, Echo's brother's, that somehow flies thousands of miles on a single tank.

A polar bear that does the same as the plane.

A centuries old pirate/colonial ship, Black Rock, that managed to dock itself in the middle of the island.

The remains of a six toed foot that was probably an enormous statue on a shoreline.

Numerous sightings of things that may or may not be on the island (Jack's dad, Hurley's buddy, Echo's brother, a black horse that both Jack and Kate saw, Ben's mother, Charlie, Walt).

An Island that apparently heals certain people, cures imperfections (Locke's legs and wounds, Sun's reproductive system, Bernard's wife's cancer).

An Island that will not allow reproduction without death of mother and child.

Roger Alpert, the true leader of the others (guy with dark hair that counsels Ben) that may actually be many many years old as he has yet to age a single day on the island, Ben's flashback to present time. Was he on the Black Rock's maiden voyage to the island perhaps?

Desmond's visions.

Walt's abilities.

A temple referenced by Ben in season finale that we've yet to see.

...all this and plenty more I've forgotten or left out.. but time travel would be somehow over the top?. Yeah, it seemed so normal to this point.

This is quite a collection of the many inexplainable events and relationships about the island.

It also gives me a flashback to Catholic grade school during Catechism class when our priest would come in. When we would ask him questions for which there was seemingly no plausiable explanation, he would lamely respond, "Well, it's a mystery...."

In essence, accepting mysteries was supposed to be an integral part of Catholic theology.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonpackfan
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    So the people on the freighter, we have Dharma, and we have time travel.

I like the show but if it goes too far into science fiction with time travel, and there is no De Lorean with a crazy Dr. Brown I am gonna be pissed.
    A plane knocked to pieces and blasted from the sky by an electromagnetic pulse on the island, desmond's mistake.

An island that no one seems able to find or navigate away from to civilization.

The chittering black smoke that showed Echo his evil past right before it bashed him to death, but apparently thinks highly of Locke.

A tiny plane, Echo's brother's, that somehow flies thousands of miles on a single tank.

A polar bear that does the same as the plane.

A centuries old pirate/colonial ship, Black Rock, that managed to dock itself in the middle of the island.

The remains of a six toed foot that was probably an enormous statue on a shoreline.

Numerous sightings of things that may or may not be on the island (Jack's dad, Hurley's buddy, Echo's brother, a black horse that both Jack and Kate saw, Ben's mother, Charlie, Walt).

An Island that apparently heals certain people, cures imperfections (Locke's legs and wounds, Sun's reproductive system, Bernard's wife's cancer).

An Island that will not allow reproduction without death of mother and child.

Roger Alpert, the true leader of the others (guy with dark hair that counsels Ben) that may actually be many many years old as he has yet to age a single day on the island, Ben's flashback to present time. Was he on the Black Rock's maiden voyage to the island perhaps?

Desmond's visions.

Walt's abilities.

A temple referenced by Ben in season finale that we've yet to see.

...all this and plenty more I've forgotten or left out.. but time travel would be somehow over the top?. Yeah, it seemed so normal to this point.

This is quite a collection of the many inexplainable events and relationships about the island.

It also gives me a flashback to Catholic grade school during Catechism class when our priest would come in. When we would ask him questions for which there was seemingly no plausiable explanation, he would lamely respond, "Well, it's a mystery...."

In essence, accepting mysteries was supposed to be an integral part of Catholic theology.
    Anyone that has a problem accepting that religion may be a deep seeded part of the island and its wonders may also grit their teeth at Lost as it continues to unfold. Some parallels between Lost and certain theological accounts are floating around blogs and message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    I do still watch prison break....like that one too. Few of the guys are pretty yummy!
    I'll bet you have a Tea Bag poster on your wall, either that or a shot of Bellick in his tank top with the sexy midrift.
    HaHa....the 3 sleezbags got left behind!!

Sucre!!!

Sucre!!!
    Hey, sassy, sorry about last night, I think I was wasted.
    "...one thing about me during the course of a game, I get emotional and say things my grandmother lets me know about later. But nobody wants to win on that field anymore than I do, no one." Brett Favre

and to anyone else here I offended, I am so sorry, i drank over a half a gallon of The Captain. Puked this morning. Wow. Anyways, very entertaining thread, continue on.
    "...one thing about me during the course of a game, I get emotional and say things my grandmother lets me know about later. But nobody wants to win on that field anymore than I do, no one." Brett Favre

Quote Originally Posted by 4and12to12and4
    Sucre!!!
    Hey, sassy, sorry about last night, I think I was wasted.
    Awwe, no need to apologize for your performance. LOL :P

Quote Originally Posted by 4and12to12and4
    and to anyone else here I offended, I am so sorry, i drank over a half a gallon of The Captain. Puked this morning. Wow. Anyways, very entertaining thread, continue on.
    :P Don't worry about it!! Your Packer family understands.

Did you make it to work?

I'm finally caught up on Lost after watching the taped episodes. I'm curous to know who the 6 are that got rescued. We know Hurley, Kate, and Jack got rescued but they haven't shown the other 3. Also, so far those 3 haven't been together on the island to get rescued at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    I'm finally caught up on Lost after watching the taped episodes. I'm curous to know who the 6 are that got rescued. We know Hurley, Kate, and Jack got rescued but they haven't shown the other 3. Also, so far those 3 haven't been together on the island to get rescued at the same time.
    The trailer for this week's episode hinted the fourth member of "The 6 survivors" will be identified.

I think Sun(the pregnant Korean woman) will be one of the remaining three survivors.

Lost fans, and TV fans in general,

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...oduction_N.htm

Television production goes from stalled to high gear

" For ABC's Lost, 'we're looking at trying to make five more' episodes beyond the eight already completed, says executive producer Carlton Cuse. The original plan was to film 16, but the remaining three will be rolled into next season. Cuse says writers will 'accelerate our storytelling' to get to the end point they had already mapped out for this season. 'It's a little bit like driving cross country to Boston. If the goal is to get there two days earlier, we will have to take more interstates and fewer rural byways.' "

The trailer for this week's episode hinted the fourth member of "The 6 survivors" will be identified.

I think Sun(the pregnant Korean woman) will be one of the remaining three survivors.
    i also think sun will get off, i think that blonde girl from the others, crap her name is sliping me will also get off,

Don't be too quick to link '6' and 'survivors', might be better to keep the six that escaped the island in mind.

i also think sun will get off, i think that blonde girl from the others, crap her name is sliping me will also get off,
    hugo called it the "oceanic 6", wouldn't that mean they would have to be on the oceanic flight?

i don't trust the blond chick at all

Quote Originally Posted by red

hugo called it the "oceanic 6", wouldn't that mean they would have to be on the oceanic flight?

i don't trust the blond chick at all
    hmm good point,
    Red who do you think gets off

boy, i really have no clue

i would be shocked if locke got off

now heres a though

could micheal and walt be 2 of the 6?

if i had to guess i'd say sawyer and sayid got off

something huge has to happen soon, there a lot of people that want off, if only 6 get off then there has to be a huge war or something

also, lets think here, the current "rescue" squad might not be the rescue squad that actually saves the 6

we might not actually find out who gets off and how for a couple for years. just because the flashforwards are happening now doesn't have to mean that this is THE rescue

Is Juliette the name for "The blond chick from The Others?"

Her loyalties have switched back and forth so much it would be hard for me to trust her.

She, however, is desperate to get off the island. Ben, on the other hand, wants to stay. That is why I think Juliette will truly align herself with Jack.