Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Legit tactic or not? - What's Your Opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    I think it's BS. Reminds me of the DNR a few years back when they were trying to nail people for DUI on snowmobiles. Well, staff of the DNR would pull over on the side of the snowmobile trail with their hoods open, to make it look like they were having mechanical problems. If someone came by to offer help and they smelled like alcohol, those people were arrested.

That was a big problem in northern WI a few years back. It sure didn't last long though, the DNR caught alot of grief for that....and they should. What's gonna happen when someone really does need help on the trails... and someone who had a couple of drinks will be too afraid to stop.

Anyhow, these entrapment like situation to bust people, I think is wrong.
    QFT
    excuse me?

abakingpowder?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    abakingpowder?
    lol, ty Wayne.

? HOFer
    what? I was saying quoted for truth

I thought QFT meant quit f'ing talking !!!

QFT

? HOFer
    No I agree with you 100% on that.

So have several other people on this forum.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

uhsqueezeme?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

STFU...all of you

This is bullshit also. Give the police an inch, and they'll take the whole damn ruler.

In New York City, nearly 300 people, many of whom had no criminal record, have been snared this year through the NYPD's Operation Lucky Bag, in which undercover officers leave a wallet, iPod or cell phone in a subway station and wait to see who picks it up.

Although deputy police Commissioner Paul Browne says the program has helped cut subway grand larcenies by half, critics say that the police have gone too far.

"It's pretty straightforward that this is a police-created crime," said Legal Aid Society lawyer Alex Lesman, who defended a man arrested for taking a bag containing an Xbox video game box, a Sprint cell phone and cash. "The police set this whole thing up. They shouldn't be doing that and luring people in that situation, especially in this age of terrorism where the transit system is always telling you to be on the lookout for suspicious bags."

The judge agreed with Lesman, acquitting his client, Antonio Arroyo. "The police should concentrate their noble efforts on behalf of the city on countering real crimes committed every day," wrote Kings County criminal court judge Matthew A. Sciarrino Jr. "They do not need to manipulate a situation where temptation may overcome even people who would normally never think of committing a crime."

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    This is bullshit also. Give the police an inch, and they'll take the whole damn ruler.

In New York City, nearly 300 people, many of whom had no criminal record, have been snared this year through the NYPD's Operation Lucky Bag, in which undercover officers leave a wallet, iPod or cell phone in a subway station and wait to see who picks it up.

Although deputy police Commissioner Paul Browne says the program has helped cut subway grand larcenies by half, critics say that the police have gone too far.

"It's pretty straightforward that this is a police-created crime," said Legal Aid Society lawyer Alex Lesman, who defended a man arrested for taking a bag containing an Xbox video game box, a Sprint cell phone and cash. "The police set this whole thing up. They shouldn't be doing that and luring people in that situation, especially in this age of terrorism where the transit system is always telling you to be on the lookout for suspicious bags."

The judge agreed with Lesman, acquitting his client, Antonio Arroyo. "The police should concentrate their noble efforts on behalf of the city on countering real crimes committed every day," wrote Kings County criminal court judge Matthew A. Sciarrino Jr. "They do not need to manipulate a situation where temptation may overcome even people who would normally never think of committing a crime."
    Unfucking believable! I thought they were doing this for research not to arrest people! I read a story the other day where out of a hundred wallets left on a subway train 97 were returned to the transit authority. These cops are stat hunting thats all.
    C.H.U.D.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers

Just the other day I found a purse and it's contents scattered across the road in front of my house, I picked up what I could but I didn't have time at the moment to find out who it belonged to and return it. I put it in the van and went to practice, and afterwards I had other things to do. I located the ID and new what street the women lived on and returned it. If it was a dirty scheme set up by cops that didn't know my intentions I would be ticketed.

How do the cops know what the person is going to do with the bag of electronics or cash? Assuming makes them look like asses.

Blog Entries
    STFU...all of you

QFT