Thread: Great book and movie

Great book and movie

If you are interested in both a great book as well as a great movie, I recommend you read The Kite Runner as well as see the movie version of that book.

Though the book is fictional, it is based on the true happenings of Afghanistan before and during the Soviet invasion as well as its being taken over by the Taliban. It is very well written.

Before going into the theater, I had some hesitation about seeing the movie version because movies so often do an injustice to the book. They often leave out important scenes and/or create scenes and characters that were not in the book.

This alteration from the book, however, is not true with the movie The Kite Runner. The movie followed the book very well. The acting was supurb and the scenery appeared to be authentic with the natural scenery of Afghanistan.

Needless to say, I recommend the movie very much. I still believe no movie can capture the true essence of a well written book, but this movie comes very close.

Been a lot of hoo haw about it in the German press. The movie has been delayed here, because of the fear of terrorist retaliation. Not sure why anymore, but it seems Germany has a role in the story or the atcors background.

The critics were over the moon positive about it, though!