Thread: How do you organize your digital photos?

How do you organize your digital photos?

I'm just curious how you keep your digital photos organized?

Is there a program you like the best? Are you old school and just create folders (raises hand), etc?

I create folders. I keep a folder for each year and inside that folder I have them for each significant event. I also keep separate folders for the stuff on my website, the stuff I want to put on the site, and things like macro photography. Then there's that special folder of blackmail images from the Posters Game weekend....
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Flickr

iPhoto on Mac
    Picasa on PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I have a separate HD for all my pics, videos, and downloads but I will also use Picassa now and again
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Picasa. Though its expensive.

Scott, I googled Picasa, and it said it was a free download. Is this something different., or do they snag your afterwards?

PIP - it's a free download, but they charge you for storage space. If you have lots of photos, it can get very expensive. Last I saw, their pricing for 250GB of space was $250 per year.

I'm putzing around with the album in Photoshop Elements 6.0 right now, it seems decent so far.

That's what I'm using right now too. Seem OK........I have a ton of photos in there and there's been no issues.

I have them arranged in folders by topic: GoG, S&M, BL, fisting, etc.
    Collection is growing so large, I'm thinking of moving to Dewey Decimal System.

Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
    Scott, I googled Picasa, and it said it was a free download. Is this something different., or do they snag your afterwards?

I'm sorry - was just being tongue and cheek. It's a freebie, and a damned good one.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    PIP - it's a free download, but they charge you for storage space. If you have lots of photos, it can get very expensive. Last I saw, their pricing for 250GB of space was $250 per year.

I'm putzing around with the album in Photoshop Elements 6.0 right now, it seems decent so far.

It's free if you use your own hard drive.

I think your talking about Web Album for sharing photos, which I also use and love. You get quite a bit free, and then they charge. But I've never gone over the threshold for free storage.