Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Over/Under On The Thompson Bashers

Over/Under On The Thompson Bashers

Ok, we are 4-0; no team in the entire NFL has a better record after 1/4 of the regular season.
    One of the chronic TT bashers seems to have softened in the face of the significant improvement in the team, but at least 2 others have adamantly, petulantly dug in their heels and refused to face the painfully obvious.
    One gets the feeling that they are now down in the bunker, just waiting for a Packer loss to jump back in to once again spew more blasts of their ridiculous vitriol. Their claims : "Thompson is trying to wreck the Packers" (to lose his own job?), "Thompson hates Favre so much he is wrecking the Packers" (to lose his own job?) "Thompson is trying to wreck the entire universe" have been a source of amusement to many of us for a long time, and, in all fairness, might wind up being actually missed for their comedic value if & when the misguided return to reality.
    Now then : just how many wins will it take for them to extend even the tiniest bit of credit to Ted Thompson for the job he's done?
    5?
    6?
    8?
    12?
    16-0??????????
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I look at it this way, Thompson has put this team in a position that they have a chance to win every game they play.

To me, that's the sign of a good GM.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

If we go 19-0, but the running game doesn't start producing better there are still one or two around here that will say that he's failed because we can't run the ball and you can't win without a running game.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    If we go 19-0, but the running game doesn't start producing better there are still one or two around here that will say that he's failed because we can't run the ball and you can't win without a running game.
    LOL!
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Early season snow storm up North must have cut off Internet access since I've seen no rebuttal yet.
    60% of the time it works every time.

It's certainly an exciting time having one of the best teams in the NFL that is also one of the youngest and also has a lot of extra cap space. Assuming a rash of bad things don't happen, this team should be playoff competitive for a number of years.

I really hope age catches up with NE and Indy gets beat up along the way. It would be great if we got to the SB and gave Brett an Elway like going away party.

Re: Over/Under On The Thompson Bashers

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Ok, we are 4-0; no team in the entire NFL has a better record after 1/4 of the regular season.
    One of the chronic TT bashers seems to have softened in the face of the significant improvement in the team, but at least 2 others have adamantly, petulantly dug in their heels and refused to face the painfully obvious.
    One gets the feeling that they are now down in the bunker, just waiting for a Packer loss to jump back in to once again spew more blasts of their ridiculous vitriol. Their claims : "Thompson is trying to wreck the Packers" (to lose his own job?), "Thompson hates Favre so much he is wrecking the Packers" (to lose his own job?) "Thompson is trying to wreck the entire universe" have been a source of amusement to many of us for a long time, and, in all fairness, might wind up being actually missed for their comedic value if & when the misguided return to reality.
    Now then : just how many wins will it take for them to extend even the tiniest bit of credit to Ted Thompson for the job he's done?
    5?
    6?
    8?
    12?
    16-0??????????

This is hilarious. The Packers are 4-0 due to Brett Favre. Anyone with half a brain knows this. You have been one of his biggest critics. You've been ripping Favre for how long now? Man, some people have no shame......

Re: Over/Under On The Thompson Bashers

Quote Originally Posted by Packnut

This is hilarious. The Packers are 4-0 due to Brett Favre. Anyone with half a brain knows this. You have been one of his biggest critics. You've been ripping Favre for how long now? Man, some people have no shame......
    Bull shit. They were 4-12 with Brett Favre two years ago. This team improved around Brett Favre and Brett Favre improved with Ted Thompson's coaching hire.

Blog Entries
    Here comes another one of those in your face/I told you so mentality threads that ends up serving to get some mad at each other
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I agree. Packers are winning. Be happy. Save your ire for the Bears, not fellow Packer fans.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I agree. Packers are winning. Be happy. Save your ire for the Bears, not fellow Packer fans.

Yup
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

There aren't going to be Bear fans around here again until the draft...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Not to fuel the fire, because I agree, but that same sentiment fell on completely deaf ears for months this offseason when so many were certain the shoe would be on the other foot by now.

I kind of miss RG's sarcasm around here the last few weeks...

Eric Von Zipper Rat All-Pro CaliforniaCheez's Avatar
    If the Packers win the Superbowl people will still complain because they could have won more games.

If the Packers went 19-0 people would complain because the scores were too close.

If the Packers went 19-0 and won by large margins people would complain because the defense allowed scores.

If the Packers went 19-0 and shut out their opponents people would complain because not every offensive play went for a touchdown.

Etc. etc. etc.

It is that kind of thinking that fires a coach after a 14-2 season and then goes 1-3.

I agree. The Packers are winning. I'm having just as much fun worrying about the run game and the Bears.

That said, TT does deserve credit. Some of us fought long and hard supporting the route that Ted Thompson was taking. We argued that the benifits would start to show even though it was a little rough starting out. We argued that it was similar to making investments. We compared it to managing a budget or buying a taco

What did we hear? We heard that we were blind supporters. The sarcastic one liner was brought to a new level by retail guy (who is now invisble, BTW, just like he was during the 4 game winning streak last year).

I personally don't care if guys like packnut admit they were wrong on 75% of what they said this off season. I know what happened and I believe that I saw it coming.

You will not get any satisfaction or class from those who opposed you in ignorant ways. It is what it is. Most everyone is just having a good time with it and is over the fighting of the off seaosn. I think it's the right thing to do, to admit wrong and move on but if they don't, so be it. 98% of peopel here are happy with this team and 75% are starting to come around to Ted Thompson. The stubborn minority should hardly be the target of so much attn.

I'm with Bretsky on this one. Anyone who wants to come out and admit they were way off is up to them. Guys like Packnut who claim it's all Brett now to support their arguement but claimed it was all the defense a month ago and claimed it was all hell a few months ago are hardly worht your time. Packnut is a decent poster and I like to talk betting with him, but he's got a very short memory as far as the things he says. Who cares!! He's delusional. Are you going to win an arguement with someone who's logic borders on insanity? Nope, there is no end when one person is willing to completely change their view to support the current topic.

It's to the point where there is little productivity in all of this. It feels good to see Ted Thompson succeed after supporting him all this time. The few who were insulting are now the few who have changed their stances to fit the circumtance. There is no end to the discussion with these people.

99% of the posters here are great. I hate contributing to a thread like this because it always seems like we are ripping on 50% of the posters when really it's one or two.

Blog Entries
    ""It's to the point where there is little productivity in all of this. It feels good to see Ted Thompson succeed''

Could not agree more; I'm enjoying every win as much as anybody else is

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    It's to the point where there is little productivity in all of this. It feels good to see Ted Thompson succeed

Hell yeah, and I think you are going to owe me two beers

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    Not to fuel the fire, because I agree, but that same sentiment fell on completely deaf ears for months this offseason when so many were certain the shoe would be on the other foot by now.

I kind of miss RG's sarcasm around here the last few weeks...
    I'm still around Vince. Enjoying the wins, working hard, reading a bit here and there. Posting has taken a backseat to some projects at work, and some personal issues I've been dealing with. Have actually only watched one game (Eagles). Listened to most of the game on the radio today, but missed the end where we supposedly didn't play well. What I listened to sounded pretty good, though.

The Packers have started off much better than I expected. I share the concerns with the running game. That "should" become apparent once the weather changes. But, perhaps, McCarthy has a plan. His plan has worked well to this point. Beating San Diego still stuns me, but hey, they are 1-3, so perhaps there are other issues?

Plenty of teams start off well, then crash back to earth. No idea if that'll happen, but I'll have enjoyed 4 wins and a touchdown record even if it does.

What did you think of our run defense today?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    It's to the point where there is little productivity in all of this. It feels good to see Ted Thompson succeed

It sure looks like it, and those will be two beers I'll be very happy to buy

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell

Besides, at this point, being in-season, it's really an MM and coaching staff thing, and not a personnel thing. They have to go with who they have personnel-wise. Having #4 seems to help a bit.