Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
I was thinking DB coaching gig could give him a year to learn and get comfy with MILF before taking the DC job next year. I can't imagine Barry lasts beyond one more year given his awful track record.

If the Packers roll with Love, I kinda hope they bring in Hendon Henderson in the 2nd. It sounds like scouts absolutely love him and he could be the sleeper of the draft.
Hendon Hooker? 2nd might be a little early. But it's early. He'd be a developmental guy who ran a spread offense very different from NFL offenses.

Hooker operates in a vertical spread tempo offense with very little translatability to the next level. The receiver alignments are incredibly wide and the vertical passing concepts are mostly foreign to the NFL. The system feasts on manufactured spacing with very little progression-style passing. Hooker isn’t tasked with making many decisions and throws are often predetermined. Hooker hasn’t showcased himself as a quarterback who makes anticipatory throws with consistency. Further complicating his projection to the NFL is that he turns 25 in January of 2023 and tore his ACL late in the 2022 season and may need to take a full redshirt year in the NFL.

Hooker’s age, injury status, and adjustment to the next level make him a complicated evaluation. There is appeal for him as a developmental starter if everything comes together but he at least should provide value as a backup.