Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
They don't seem to have much going for them. Is this year two of the most recent rebuild? I guess you gotta give the new GM another year or two to see if he's making headway, but right now, it don't look good for da Bears.

I have no idea what to expect from the Vikes. And of course the Loins are the sexy pick this year. We'll see. They do have a helluva offensive line, though.
Last season was the tank year. The Bears were in cap hell from the previous GM's poor management of the money. They got rid of a number of players. They just nuked the roster and suffered the dead cap hits. But they did 3 things there. They quickly healed their cap - they had a very healthy cap this year... they got healthy, fast. They off loaded a lot of old/underperforming players and ended up with the 1st pick (the soft-tank was executed well... LOL, and Lovie Smith sure helped too by winning that last game in Houston). This is year-1 of the rebuild. They got D.J. Moore and a solid OL with that 1st round pick they ended up with this year. But it is a VERY young team with like 40 new players (the nuke of the roster was scorched earth stuff.... I've never seen a team torn down that far before). So don't expect much from the Bears this year. But next year they have a boatload of draft picks and two 1st round picks too. 2024 should be a decent team. This year? Maybe .500 ball with improvement, but only 8 or 9 wins.