Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
Barry and his merry band of secondary misfits were a top 10 defense in points allowed this year. If anything he’s over performed with what he had to work with.
You have to factor in that GB's offense plays at a glacial pace, so there are less possessions. Look at the latest CHI game - they had SIX possessions the whole game. You can't score if you don't have the ball.

Go back and watch the NYG or TB games.

Also - Savage and Owens are NOT good, unless by good you mean good backups or good ST players. Savage is a really fast missile who misses tackles and occasionally takes bad angles. Owens is a better tackler but is slow and not very instinctive. The Texans didn't want him back, if that tells you anything. The secondary is duct taped together, that's trye, but it hasn't mattered lately since the pass rush has gotten pressure on some lower-tier QBs like Hall/Mullens and Justin Fields. Barry still plays those guys way off. They've looked good because they haven't been tested.

This team has given up more 200+ yard rushing games than anyone else in the league this year.

They are younger on the DL, but I'd say they are better. They still have plenty of veteran talent on the defensive side of the ball, it's not like they are all rookies like the receivers.

Their schedule has been very soft this year and even then they faced QBs like Baker, DeVito, Rypien, Hall/Mullens, Bryce Young, Garropolo, Russell Wilson, etc. Not a murderer's row.

I don't think Barry was a good hire at DC, but that aside I haven't seen much to recommend they keep him after 3 seasons either. If this team is serious about being a SB contender in/by 2025 they have to move on and find a better DC. Rodgers and Favre didn't win SBs without a good defense, Love won't either.

If Fat Mike is smart he'll borrow a page from the TB game and spread out the GB defense 5-wide, motion CeeDee into the slot, and end up with Preston Smith or Quay trying to cover him.