Quote Originally Posted by shamrockfan
Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
Quote Originally Posted by shamrockfan
I think the JSO comment is off just a little. I believe Walker still has a small bonus amount that will now be accelerated. His contract was actually through 2007, but terminable a year early due to performance. One mid contract bonus he received, I think, was then amortized over the remaining life of the contract, through 2007.

The end result, I believe is an additional acceleration now that Walker was traded of a little less the $400,000. In the end, I think the Packers gain only about $770,000 in additional cap room in 2006, not a little more than a million as JSO seems to suggest..

Nit picking, I know.
You SURE you ain't Patler?

I make the cap savings 1.15 million on the JW trade, for now, we'll see what the #2 pick (Colledge?) gets.

The $770,000 you speak of is JWalk's LTBE bonus.

Well see what the total cap savings is.
My calculations are based on:

A pre-trade cap figure of just over $2Million, made up of a salary of $1.15 million and a prorated bonus amount of $855,000.

Following the trade, GB has to account for the $855,000 plus a remaining roster bonus portion of $380,000 that would not have hit the cap until 2007. (See my explanation of the second bonus ammortized over the life of the contract, which really was through 2007, but terminable based on performance.)

If you add the $855,000 plus the $380,000, the 2006 cap hit should be $1,235,000. If you subtract that total from the pre-trade hit of $2.005.000 you get a cap space gain of $770,000 resulting from the trade..
SMF,

I don't think yer #'s are correct.

I emailed Craig Pheebles, the ultimate cap freak & will post his opinion. I don't buy the $380,000 hitting our cap #.

I'll post it and if I'm wrong, well it won't be the first time, pal.