Quote Originally Posted by Packface
Quote Originally Posted by Partial
I want to walk around and do it though. This sitting in the tree garbage seems lame.
Deer Hunting is all about putting yourself in a good position. If you are going to be walking around, it better be on the top of a ridge or hill, so you can get a shot off at something below you. Sitting in a tree stand that offers a great view of a heavily traveled deer trail is your best bet though.
...and a great opportunity to decompress from the everyday grind, catch up on some good reading, watch the blue jay's bully the red birds, get within 3 feet of an unsuspecting squirrel, and if you're lucky enough, succeed in your primary objective.

But honestly, there is so much more than sitting in a tree in the cold. You wear clothes to keep warm and the cold usually isn't an issue. having a vantage point is a great way to ehance your perspective on so much more than what's going on in the woods.

I don't expect non-hunters to understand, nor do I want to convince them that this sport is enjoyable. Hell, its hard enough to get access to hunting land the way it is, why would I want to make that endeavor even harder?