Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ethics/

The basic idea is to make everything as open as possible so the corrupt won't have the cover of secrecy they need to act, but read the details for yourself.
I don't think what he is talking about there is terribly important. Lobbyists are not a bad thing - in fact they are democracy in action! Businesses SHOULD have access to politicians to express their point of view. People organize themselves into trade groups and associations precisely so they can have a voice - excellent! This is civics. We don't want to have an isolated government that makes decisions from on high.

I really don't think secrecy is a big issue. If Cheney wants to meet privately with members of the oil industry to get their take on a proposed regulation, I am cool with that. Perhaps Obama has some good ideas, maybe I could be persuaded somewhat on this point.

The giant problem is money. We have businesses and associations owning politicians. that's the 600 pound gorrilla.
Bullshit, we demand and are due a transparent Government. Our elected officials work for us..all of us....not just some of us. There is a way to comment on proposed regulation and it's not through the fucking VP's office. They weren't "talking about proposed regulation" in that fucking crooks office. If Congress was doing the job we put them in office to do he would be behind bars right now.