It's spring time and thoughts of assasination are in the air. With the recent dust-up over Hillary's offensive comment, some of the talk shows have replayed Michelle's comments from 60 Minutes regarding a possible assasination: "I don’t lose sleep over it because the realities are that as a black man Barack can get shot going to the gas station."

(See video here, http://hotair.com/archives/2007/02/1...on-60-minutes/ it's interesting to see Barack's uncomfortable reaction)

What does she mean? I read it as the old black-victims-of-a-racist-country creed.

Bill O'Reilly, who has been very generous to Obama, says he always gives people the benefit of the doubt, and therefore we should interpret her remarks as a statement about black-on-black violence.

(On the same radio show, O'Reilly refused to accept as credible the view that Clinton was simply noting the Kennedy assasination to emphasize that it occured in June, that the campaign was active in June. She has insisted this was her sole purpose. None of the people in the room at the time raised an eyebrow, they thought she was just making a time reference. Many callers to O'Reilly's show insist they saw it as a time reference. If you replay her comments, the emphasis is on the date. No, in this case, O'Reilly's benefit-of-the-doubt rule doesn't apply. The Huffington Post, Keith Oberman view is a fact: she was trying to use a possible assasination as a political point in her favor.)

Lets kick the "Proud of America for first time" remarks once more. What could Michelle possibly have meant? The Obama campaign says the words are taken out of context, she was just expressing pride in the campaign. But the words don't say that in context. They are part of a prepared speech she delivered several times, you can have Martha Washington redeliver that speech and it reads the same. Most pundits are willing to pretend that the "out of context" explanation makes sense.

I don't mind that the media likes the Obamas. They like McCain too. But the passion for Obama is so over the top, the news is being distorted regularly to recast Michelle into a more sellable form. Its an insult to our intelligence.