Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead
Quote Originally Posted by Patler
Holmgren brought Favre to Green Bay in 1992 and molded the former option quarterback at Southern Mississippi into a champion and a legend, before the coach left for Seattle prior to the 1999 season. .
..and all this time I thought it was Wolf who brought Favre to GB!

'xactly, I'll bet dollars to donuts Holmy went "A first round pick for who??"
But that's the AP for you. They can pretty much write whatever they want and sleep well.
And you would lose that bet. Holmgren knew exactrly who Favre was. Holmgren was one of only 3 that personally worked Favre out prior to Favre being drafted. One of the others? Ron Wolf.
Mike Holmgren as Offensive Coordinator worked out Brett Favre? I'd like to see some doc on that.
Besides, it's moot. Ron Wolf was the general manager and made the deal.
Yes, its in Favres book "For the Record":

"Several NFL teams considered me a fairly high draft pick, but they wanted to see me up close, so I held a pre-dreaft workout in Hattiesburg. Abnout twenty scouts showed up. Ron Wolf. Lindy Infante. Ken Meyer. June Jones. Mike White. I thought it was real impressive that all these guys were coming down to work me out.
It was the first time I met Mike Holmgren."

Brett goes on to point out that Mike was one of the only ones to sit and talk with him in the stands after the workout. Holmgren's quote from the book:

"We're pretty set there. But ffor future reference, if I ever need it, I wanted to work you out and see for myself."

Its pretty clear that Holmgren knew exactly who Favre was.