Quote Originally Posted by gex
Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
What amazes me, I guess, is that now that the season is over and the dust has settled, some people - like Jason Whitlock - are still saying the Pack made a mistake in not keeping Favre.

I can't see that reasoning, not at all. Favre played on what was supposedly a more talented team, yet had, statistically, a much lousier season than Aaron Rodgers, who had a darn good season.
More talented? Our team was extremely talented. I don't buy that for a second.

The four year look is eye opening to be sure, but I'm not sure how much I buy it. This year he is obviously hurt. 2005 was bad all around. the 2007 could show a bad trend, but he played lights out against Seattle so that sort of bucks that.

2006, the 8-8 year seems like an anomaly.
Faneca, Jenkins, Woody. The Jets did what so many posters here bitch about TT not doing - bring in the free agents! Spend! Ted won't do what it takes!

So the Jets spent, spent, spent. They got the big names.

And they got the QB so many people wanted to have here in GB again.

And they collapsed. They now have an old, cap-heavy team with a fired coach. I think the Packers' future is brighter now than the Jets'. The Jets went for it all in one year. They mortgaged the future for a shot, and they didn't even make the playoffs.

Favre aside, the Jets improved at several positions and improved by five wins. Faneca..........love to have him in GB........Woody........I'd take him.......Jenkins........I'd take him.

How much better do you think the Packers would have done with those three players ?

Their best FA is young enough to have several more solid years. They gave up a late 3rd round pick for Favre. I don't agree they mortgaged their future.

They gave it a shot, and their improvement was obvious.

None of those guys are busts and I doubt they regret any of the signings.

They may regret the Favre deal........but it cost them a late 3rd round pick so I don't think they lost much.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
!!!!