Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
Quote Originally Posted by Patler
Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1
PIP, you know that the NRA (National Rifle Association) is just a non profit organization right? Are you suggesting that they need to pay their lobbyists less or what?

Like I said before, it is already illegal to buy, sell, or own fully automatic assault rifles and machine guns like the one used by this clown in your story. Its also illegal to shoot and/or murder people. Is that not enough laws? Are the existing laws not enforced with the appropriate penalties in order to deter criminals who break them? Spell out for us exactly what you'd like to see changed.
I am not a member of the NRA, although I was a long time ago when I was a member of a competitive rifle team as a teenager (no, we didn't shoot flint-locks!). I could be wrong, but I think there remains a lot of confusion when people discuss weapons bans because of inconsistent and inaccurate use of terminology. Too often appearance alone seems to dictate. Semi-automatic rifles with folding or open stocks, pistol grips and the like, in weapon-function terms are no different than the "deer rifle" people say they have no intention of banning. Yet seeing the weapon adorned in camouflage paint they scream "assault rifle" and argue that it should be banned.
Patler, the killer of the 3 police officers used an AK-47.
These are the kinds of guns I wish were banned. I just can't see what pupose they serve. 40 rounds a minute........
http://www.proguns.com/ak47-assaultrifles.asp
Where would you draw the line? 30 rounds/minute, 1 round per minute? Would those rules have prevented the killer from obtaining a semi-automatic gun that fires 40 rounds/minute. What if he used a machete that was ultra sharp? Should we pass a law saying that machetes have to be relatively dull? How about outlawing knives or 'any instrument that can be used to kill?' Please outline what your criteria are for outlawing certain implements and how you would ensure that these implements would not fall into the hands of criminals.