Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
Quote Originally Posted by Gunakor
Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
This isn't that type of game where that would happen. This is the game where he throws for three hundred yards and three T.S.'s and all the hardcore Favre fans come out next week with the "I told you all that he's still great" threads.
Maybe. We all saw what Drew Brees did to them last weekend.

But it's hard to imagine that the Queens will build a comfortable lead and THEN start to air it out. I think this is the game where Peterson has 30 some carries for 200 some yards and 3 or more TD's, building a HUGE lead, thus warranting more carries. I don't think Chilly is going to put the ball in Favre's hands as much as you'd think, simply because he won't have to. I think he's going to keep it on the ground.
Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre. He needs the reps with his recievers, and he can do it under game conditions. It's a chance to get him some work with little risk.

By the way, when I wrote "Three T.S.'s" I meant that as "Touchdown Strikes."

Really, I did. Seriously.
Brad Childress is not Bill Belicheck. If they have a comfortable lead, they keep the ball on the ground and keep the clock running. That's what I think.