Quote Originally Posted by th87
I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

And so did everybody who booed.
QFT.

Bert had a chance to be in a very small pantheon of heroes. He blew it.

Butler and Hendu are Packer People. Bert is not.