Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
Thanks for the explaination, but wouldn't it have been prudent to dump it in the GC and avoid cenring anything? Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I feel I need to be clearer on what you did.

The whole thread had nothing to do with BR the Steelers QB playing football from the first post onwards. It was about BR the alleged rapist. The only football content was where he might find a landing spot and there were maybe five posts on that in 6 odd pages. So, if one were to use your measuring stick, Joe, it shouldn't have lasted as long as it did on the Packers forum.

Packer Rats was initially a democracy. The members voted on how this place was run. In the first few days, on a daily basis. I think it's positve that there are stricter rules in place e.g. The Favre rule has done wonders for the place.

Your administrative conduct in this matter seems to be an appeasment attempt to one poster that took issue with another poster. Further, you cencored posts.

It was mixed into the concrete foundations of this place that that would never happen, provided we use the appropriate forums for the posts we chose to make. Threads were often moved, I think one or two were deleted. Nothing else was cencored.

I value my right to sharing my opinions around here if they are posted within the rules and not personally attacking anyone, even if they might offend some people. I also value reading other people's views, even if they are offensive.

I, for one, would like to know if cencorship of this kind can be expected in future.
Well, it's never "clear" what to do in these situations. In hindsight, yeah I probably should have either closed the topic, or dumped it elsewhere, but there is a perspective that I think you're missing. Maybe a female rat will weigh in with her thoughts on this one as she could probably state it better than I.

Will I "censor" posts in the future? Hope not. Probably done it less than 2 dozen times in the year I've owned this place. Moved threads much more often. But, I won't take away the "tool" from my tool belt. You had a good idea about removing the comment from Madtown's rules and I will do that.

As to why I left the thread in the Packer room - First, hadn't read the whole thing until FavreChild pointed it out to me. Second, not much discussion going on right now, and moving it out of the packer room would have been the death of the discussion (In hindsight that's a good thing but up front, it wouldn't have been so clear), and finally it was "tangentally" related to football and current news and I want to have some leeway for that. In the end, the pollyannish hope is that folks will remember that they are in the packer room and temper their comments accordingly, but maybe that isn't realistic at all.

FWIW, I'm glad you're back and hope you'll stick around for a while.