Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
not huffing. not puffing. you were complaining about the abuse you've suffered here, I pointed out you're a bit of a dick yourself.
What abuse? I'm answering a question about the things I haven't agreed with. Stop being so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
I think you bring up a great point, and your point illustrates the reasons that Skin's utopia didn't work. It worked for a while, but then "for the most part", became "for the occasional part", and was then followed by "for the slim and none part". I'm obviously biased, but, I think this was a bigger reason than the "thread editing" that you believe was the reason.
It's not a utopia. It's a rule, or several, clearly communicated with enforcement of punishment, also clearly communicated. People will decide for themselves whether they want to post under those conditions and they will decide for themselves whether they choose to follow the rules. I would think it's been made fairly obvious by now that the good behavior of some cannot be achieved through regulation of all. And as nutz so eloquently pointed out, attempting to do so gives you one boring ass forum, of which the internet already has an abundance.

Re: policing yourself at work... I'm assuming people have the ability to not click on threads. Our forum isn't that compelling. If they're really that interested, they'll look at home.