Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
favre has done nothing since leaving to try and earn back any respect with the fans and people of green bay and wisconsin. no golf outings no charity events in the state, no team related activities no nothing.

on the there hand, he has tried his best to piss in the face of the packers and their fans by giving other teams our game plans and by plotting to go to one of our arch rivals to stick it to us

no doubt, what he did for the team when he was here was amazing, and yes, he is still probably my all time favorite packer (next to #66). but at his point, unless he swallows his pride and accepts that he acted like a giant douchebag and asks packer fans to forgive him...

then i have no problem waiting until he's dead and buried before we retire #4

i don't even care if there's a ceremony. just put #4 up there next to #92 one night in the middle of the night without any fanfare and call it good

last thing we need to do is stroke his or his families ego anymore then we already have
He did move in that direction in one of his last interviews. Acknowledging mistakes, etc.

But it would be better forgotten because he is not likely to offer an explanation that would satisfy those who might still be holding out. Move forward.