Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
See, I don't find the aggressive defense theory persuasive. They have also struggled with passive, rush four, Cover 2 man under and Cover 2 zone under defenses before. If both were always true, they wouldn't be leading the league in points. They struggle with good Defenses with good plans well executed. Matchups are more important.

Nelson is big enough to get off press, but he is faster than quick and shorter routes are not his forte. Cobb runs better route adjustments than he runs actual routes. All we need to know about Cobb's ability to shake off press coverage is that he spends his time in the slot or in the backfield. Both Boykin and Adams are good enough about getting off the line. But one is unreliable and the other is a rookie. If Boykin from last year, Adams from this year or James Jones were alive, contested slants might have been caught and all are better on that route than Cobb or Nelson.

Defenses that hide their coverage with a pass rush cause them problems, and Rodgers had the look of a man who did not want to wait at times for something to break open n Buffalo.

The Buffalo coverage plan was to play off receivers just a bit (one CB would press at times) and jump the earliest route they saw coming. That is why so many throw were contested. This was a game they should have run more and thrown deeper. Screen are always helpful if someone is going to play man.

TE is a problem, Quarless needs help to shake tight coverage.

I will say this about Rodgers, he has been off target more as the season has progressed. Not sure what is happening there. Its especially notable short, though I can't explain the emergence of Starks as a pass catching threat at the same time. I'l claim small sample size.

Well, to work this to the Packers' advantage, we need to create a shitstorm about how horrible Rodgers played in Buffalo, then use your claim to extrapolate that Rodgers has gotten more and more inaccurate as the season has gone on. This gets Rodgers's thin-skinned dander up, he hoists a 500 lb. chip onto his shoulder, and if the ST can get straigthened out, he leads the team to the Super Bowl, home or road.