If anyone saw Ask Vic today on Packers.com, there was a guy who posted an interesting way to "beat the system" if you are always drafting near the end of each round, like the Packers have been. Here is his question and Vic's response.

Poster said: Here’s how to beat the draft. One year, trade your one for a one next year. Next year you have two ones. Take a player with the higher pick, and trade the lower pick for another one the following year. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Vic replied: It’s easier said than done, but it’s the kind of creativity necessary to beat the system. If you don’t like what’s available to you with your pick and you can trade it for a higher pick the following season, I’m all for doing it because, in my opinion, the draft is all about value and the future. Take care of the future and the future will take care of the present.

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz3yftl89Or
If you were a GM, would you ever consider trying to do this? I wish they had started that in 2007 before they chose Justin Harrell! Ah, a crystal ball would be nice.