Thread: The 2015-16 'OFF SEASON' NFL Happenings Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 3h3 hours ago
    Peyton Manning retirement decision now isn't expected this week http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZBD

PEYTON WOULD REALLY BE ENCOURAGED TO WORKOUT IF THE BRONCOS COULD SIGN RANDY MOSS
    It's right here:

Peyton Manning doesn't as of now own all the most important passing records and he wants to get right there. It's his ego because how much more notoriety does he expect to gain by extending his number of records Vs fans recognizing after winning another Super Bowl Title and given his age and decline in a TOP Organization. To decide to go on is equivalent to blowing away the Golden Goose of best retirement opportunities.

This whole thing is now looking worse than the negative impact of Brett Favres I'm retiring and I'm not retiring repeats that was so annoying to many fans and NFL media.

The 'only' gain for Peyton Manning is a 'no gain' and to continue is an obvious downslide from now and retiring at the top. You can never underestimate the tragic results incumbent on any man who pushes with a huge ego.

For this NFL fan:

This is an interesting watch. I hope that Peyton Manning is getting good advice and he's actually as intelligent as we are led to believe.

Hypothetically....if I was advising Peyton on his request to do so. It would be blunt:

I'd simply ask Peyton Manning: What's the delay Peyton? A retirement decision and announcement should have been made last week....OK yesterday. Peyton do the exact correct thing for your legacy....RETIRE for good from the NFL as an active player. A decision to go on can only harm you in terms of the Big Picture. You've got it all right now so grab onto that.....RETIRE !

It's too easy to see that Peyton's intelligence is a tad wobbly at this time.

"Manning’s slow pace of resolving his position on whether he’ll play could mean that Manning will request a release in lieu of retiring, so that he can consider other options elsewhere, now or later in the offseason

If other teams are interested, they’re keeping their cards close to the vest. Four weeks ago, a report emerged that the Rams could be interested in Manning. Since then, there has been no report or speculation of any other team wanting to add Manning for what would be both a debut season and, most likely, a farewell tour."

Final Comment ..... woodbuck27:

I've always observed and claimed that observation that that Peyton Manning is all about Peyton Manning. We're about to find out if I'm correct. I won't be at all surprized if Peyton Manning is playing for some desperate to win NFL team next season. If that's the case we'll see the results of failing to greed.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-01-2016 at 11:54 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau