Clark seems like a reasonable choice, although I always have my doubts regarding DL prospects from the Pac 12. He does appear to have a strong motor, which is the biggest plus in his column. Big lazy guys never amount to anything. It is also nice to know that he is very young and probably has considerable opportunity to gain strength and size over the next 2 years. I really couldn't see anyone left at that point who offered more impact to our roster than Clark did.

The Spriggs kid to me was a good pick. He's green...he has a lot to learn...but he has the athleticism and size to become a very good player if he applies himself. Given the Packers current situation, the kid should have some time to learn...and he likely will have the opportunity to apply himself at points during the season due to the rate our OL guys get dinged up. The fact that Ted moved up to get him probably isn't an indication that Spriggs is a budding superstar, but rather that Thompson viewed the gap between him and any of the guys on the next tier as extremely significant. Spriggs has physical ability that typically gets 1st round grades, but this draft was really deep for the guys in the trenches on both sides of the ball and it allowed a kid like Spriggs to still be around. Thompson correctly gauged that he needed to go up to grab him and paid the price necessary to do so.

Fackrell doesn't really blow up my skirt. To me, this seems like a real grasp at trying to find someone capable of making a few plays in against the pass from the LB position. His athleticism seems sub-par to me for a guy who will rush the passer as an OLB. It would appear his best attributes suggest he might be better suited in coverage. He'll probably be a very capable special team player as well...which probably boosts him quite a bit in the eye of the Packer brass.