Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
I think that's gonna happen but I don't know if it's next year or the following year at the end of Burnett's contract. Right now, the defense is just better with Burnett running things. And Brice can't even stay onsides on kickoffs out of the back of the endzone he's so anxious to make things happen. Another punt return he threw a guy down by the face mask. The aggressiveness is good instincts and he's got the skills but that kind of shit can't happen. He needs to learn how to run the defense, harness his aggressiveness and be smarter. Maybe he'll prove he can do that as the year goes on but he has a lot of work to do yet.

Burnett's gonna be overpaid next year I think, and it wouldn't surprise me - post-Sitton being (brilliantly it turns out) cut a year before his deal was to be up - to see Ted go with the talented youth. I'd like to see it, but if they continue to get Brice worked in over the next year and a half, we probably wouldn't see him make as many mistakes as we would if he played all the snaps.

I also think Brice makes the interception off the deflection late in the Atl. game that Ha Ha didn't react very well to, which would have sealed the game. Poor-man's Nick Collins is a good call and would result in a damn fine career. That just reminds me how good Nick Collins was - and could have yet become had he played longer.
Agree with you in that Brice's a little raw - still a diamond in the rough, I guess. But the dude has the speed, the beast and the mojo to be a mofo free saftey - you know, a playmaking saftey who forces the other team to yell "motherfuck!" each time he makes a play.

Burnett's playing a lot like Hawk did in his last season in GB: Average at best when all the stars aligned, but more often than not, a liability on defense. Burnett's so-so against the run. An abomination in coverage. Rarely makes plays.