Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
What we need is a #1 Corner. Randall and Rollins, and more to my liking, Gunter, might turn out to be decent 2nd or 3rd Corners, but unless they play a whole lot better than they ever have before, they aren't #1 Top Notch Out-On-An-Island Corners (Gunter is the closest to that of what we had last season). I don't know if Kevin King is that; I don't even know for sure he is the best Corner in the draft named King, but from what I read, I'm hopeful. On the negative side, a rule of thumb for me is that D Players from great D teams tend to be overrated ....... and what did we get? One of three first round Corner picks from the same great D team - who arguably each made the others seem better than they are.
I think a lot of folks in here missing something. A no. 1 corner and a shutdown, on an island corner, are 2 very very different things. There are very few 'island' corners in this league. There are 32 no. 1 corners in this league.

You don't find 'island' CBs drafting in the 20s every year. A lot of you peoples expectations are way over board. Good grief.