Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
To me parboil leaves them mushy and not that flavorful. With all the stuff you put on it, it probably makes no difference. I prefer to just throw them on the grill (not too hot) and put them on a bun with nothing else. Gives a strong, sharp flavor and a texture that can never be confused with a hot dog.

I don't see any wrong answers on the parboil method. Some say that boiling in beer prior to grilling adds flavor and removes some of the grease. I've tried both methods and find that each has it's good points. That said, let's take a short look at Sauerkraut, fried Onions/Green Peppers, and the like.

I love Sauerkraut on Brats and on all beef Hot Dogs too. It is also a great side dish for Kielbasa as well. Sauteed Onions (in butter) I love with everything.What type of onion do you prefer? Yellow, sweet, white, or other? I have a problem with the Green Peppers though, as they give me gas in the extreme. The taste great, but they don't agree with me.

Mustard/s are yet another area for discussion. I like most, however I'm not a fan of hot mustards.

I am a fan of ice cold beer with Brats and Hot Dogs !!!