Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you consider the Packers to be the Dark horse to win the NFC?

Still not sold on this team.

BUT: they seem to be peaking at the right time.

BUT: Rodgers is still not as sharp as I'd like to see him. His throwing motion looks off.

I think Za'Darius Smith is actually the key to the Packers' playoff run. Know how the mark of a great QB is making the players around him better? I think that's what Smith is doing with the defense. Suddenly, the Packers D feels it has a wrecking ball stifling opposing offenses - and the Dean Lowrys, Kyler Fackrells and Tyler Lancasters seem to be feeding off it. In addition, the secondary also seems to be playing with a nice swagger.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Yes on the first BUT. Mostly no on the second one. He mostly is just still his hyper-cautious self - thankfully, and the receivers a lot of times don't get open, especially deep., not to mention missing some very catchable passes. And even though the O Line is better, it still fails to keep rushers out too many times an d fails to open holes for the run, outside runs especially, way too often.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    I think Za'Darius Smith is actually the key to the Packers' playoff run. Know how the mark of a great QB is making the players around him better? I think that's what Smith is doing with the defense. Suddenly, the Packers D feels it has a wrecking ball stifling opposing offenses - and the Dean Lowrys, Kyler Fackrells and Tyler Lancasters seem to be feeding off it. In addition, the secondary also seems to be playing with a nice swagger.
    Maybe Z should be the Baconator.

Checked King's stats thus far this year:

54 Tackles
    1 Forced Fumble
    1 Sack
    5 Picks

Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So San Fran wins the superbowl? No doubt in your mind. Or is it someone else since its predetermined?

I live in Las Vegas and bet sports regular. I assure you i don't watch like a 12 year old boy. I am well aware of reasons the Packers won't get out of the first round, much less run the table. My hunch is they let the fan base down big time in the playoffs, but since I have been watching SINCE I was a 12 year old boy I also can see scenarios where they win it all. Momentum is a funny thing. 2 things can happen. 1) They can wilt the minute the D has to face a real QB and offense causing a letdown feeling that steam rolls into an embarrassing defeat. 2) That D has gained so much confidence that they dominate OLines like they have the last couple weeks and it won't matter who is playing QB, the belief that they are a top defense permeates and they keep shutting teams down even when the competition is better.

You say the D didn't do anything and Cousins kept throwing the ball into the ground. I say there was a bad man named Z that haunted him on every pass play and made him throw early and poorly.
    its a reality tv show, not a competition. There is no scenario/chance where Packers can win.
    I was making a joke about Cousins because thats basically what he did lol. its his role to suck in prime time obviously.
    yep, 49ers. Packers are at least getting to join the 100 playoffs party because they are older/oldest team. but theyve won so many championships that the league wont do something so storyline cliche as having them win SB for season 100.

You must be fun at parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    its a reality tv show, not a competition. There is no scenario/chance where Packers can win.
    I was making a joke about Cousins because thats basically what he did lol. its his role to suck in prime time obviously.
    yep, 49ers. Packers are at least getting to join the 100 playoffs party because they are older/oldest team. but theyve won so many championships that the league wont do something so storyline cliche as having them win SB for season 100.
    I think you want to post here: https://www.fanfiction.net
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Arguing that a team will NOT win the Super Bowl is a pretty safe position to take. It takes no insight, analysis or knowledge. The odds are firmly on your side, even after the team has made the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Arguing that a team will NOT win the Super Bowl is a pretty safe position to take. It takes no insight, analysis or knowledge. The odds are firmly on your side, even after the team has made the playoffs.
    I noticed you seem to always nail it right on the head.

After the Vikings game I heard LaFleur refer to setting goals at this particular point in time. I guess he’s thinking that if his team wins 3 games in a row they’re in the Super Bowl..

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    forgive me thats a bunch of two sided anti intellectual drivel.
    This has nothing to do with getting lucky makinf a pick. It has to do with- if thats what the nfl wants, thats what will happen.
    it takes 3 years of insight abd knowledge on my part. discovering and understanding whats happening. I have insight to know its fake. You dont.
    no the odds arent on my side. I have 10 chances to be wrong because I say only Niners vs Pats.
    but again, my picks arent what proves or disproves its staged. Its staged regardless.
    its amazing that people have seen the Saints games in the playoffs the last two years. The Pats ,Atl SB. the recent Niners- Saints game this season.. yet still cant figure out its just a show wwe.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think you want to post here: https://www.fanfiction.net
    nope. I'm exactly where I should be. I'm talking real sports. Youre talking pretend fiction.

Why are you watching live and spending time in a board dedicated to a fake sport?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Why are you watching live and spending time in a board dedicated to a fake sport?
    why does anyone watch a movie or wwe? Entertainment.
    i still like sports aesthetics. Been a fan since I was a kid. I already know what its like to believe a lie in other more serious aspects of life. this is small potatoes.
    I still like electric football. I like sports uniform and helmets history, Sports collectables. I wear jerseys around the house. I like the over all presentation of sports.
    I just dont waste personal emotion on it anymore. its male bonding fun. not gonna hate or change my friends over it lol. I'm not hanging out with the wine and cheese crowd or Star wars geeks.

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    why does anyone watch a movie or wwe? Entertainment.
    i still like sports aesthetics. Been a fan since I was a kid. I already know what its like to believe a lie in other more serious aspects of life. this is small potatoes.
    I still like electric football. I like sports uniform and helmets history, Sports collectables. I wear jerseys around the house. I like the over all presentation of sports.
    I just dont waste personal emotion on it anymore. its male bonding fun. not gonna hate or change my friends over it lol. I'm not hanging out with the wine and cheese crowd or Star wars geeks.
    Are you the smoking man from XFiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Are you the smoking man from XFiles?
    I'm the common sense ,critical thinker, from the here and now.
    never watched that show, so i have no clue who that is anyway lol

Who's alt account is scharpcheddar?

Last edited by Joemailman; 12-27-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    That list seems about right. Seattle and SF would be interchangeable based on seed of course.

I think the Packers should be considered a surprise team due to their record and new coach.
    Pretty much this. I view NO and SF as neck-and-neck. I think both teams are probably better than the Packers, but I have to imagine the Packers are much better and closer to the Niners than the box score showed.

I like Seattle beating SF this week at home. If the Packers win, do they get homefield then? That certainly changes things for them. The Packers looked really darn good against what I believe to be a pretty good Minnesota team. People don't give Kirk Cousins enough credit. He has torn the Packers up before and surely will do it again at some point in the future. He has a lot of weapons in Minne too.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Pretty much this. I view NO and SF as neck-and-neck. I think both teams are probably better than the Packers, but I have to imagine the Packers are much better and closer to the Niners than the box score showed.

I like Seattle beating SF this week at home. If the Packers win, do they get homefield then? That certainly changes things for them. The Packers looked really darn good against what I believe to be a pretty good Minnesota team. People don't give Kirk Cousins enough credit. He has torn the Packers up before and surely will do it again at some point in the future. He has a lot of weapons in Minne too.
    oh, for the love of....
    37-8 is not "closer than the box score showed." its a effing blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Who's alt account is scharpcheddar?
    Remember Snake? This is his cerebral alter ego.