Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
I think Greene and Campbell healthy make that hybrid spot an upgrade from this year's injured group. We just need an upgrade to Martinez and I think Burafict could be it for a couple years
I disagree.
Vontaze Burfict will not be in a GB uniform. He might not be in any NFL uniform - his body is breaking down and he is a suspension waiting to happen. Oh, and he's a complete knucklehead who has cost team wins (including the PIT playoff game).
In October he was suspended FOR THE SEASON by the NFL for illegal hits.

Greene and Campbell are ok in there if you want to go with a 3 safety look, but they're playing hybrid because Burks isn't ready, and they have nobody else at the 2nd level who can cover. I like Blake Martinez, but he can't carry a RB or TE up the field or drop into a short zone quickly enough to be considered good in coverage. They do need an old school thumper at ILB for goal line and short distance defensive stands, they can find those guys cheap. If Pettine plays one all the time a smart OC will scheme them off the field or force them to cover.

Despite all this, they still yield tons of yardage in the MOF, and TEs eat them for breakfast. I get sick of watching ancients like Greg Olson or Kyle Rudolph carve up the defense on a 3rd and 8. There has to be a better way.