Thread: Rise of Skywalker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    edit: Innacuracy. Fucking wrong director with a lightsaber.
    If you stick with Lucas' movie version of the light and dark, you are left without much to build out on. Its dime store yin and yang poster symbolism preached as a training montage.

What you do with the power (say lift a spaceship out of the muck or choke someone to death) is obviously far more interesting. Luke deciding to not participate and help empower a dark protege is a reasonable choice, even if the explanation left a LOT to be desired.

I am not a big expanded universe guy, but my understanding is that a few authors made some solid contributions to a better understanding of what light and dark meant as a practical matter.

But what Lucas left on film, especially after the prequels, needed some new direction. In my opinion. Your mileage may vary. All rights reserved.

Anyway, I did not actually intend to come here and issue bad takes about Star Wars and JJ Abrams. I came here to post this: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...Miracle-on-Ice
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-22-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.