Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Coronavirus And Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Furthermore I tried multiple times to steer this thread to sports and it meanders back to whatever ppl believe (and their opinions).
    Well that's all well and good, but your post was certainly anything but, so I think it's a bit late to play that card.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Even now, when Trump is suggesting a travel ban in/out of NY and NJ people are losing their ever flipping minds. Absolutely I don't want people from the hotbed of the virus in the U.S. coming to my state and frolicking around. FFS people we either need to suspend civil liberties (which no one should be in favor of), or accept this is going to kill the infirm and the incredibly stupid who won't follow protocols. Personally I think this country needs a good enema.
    I think it would be a mistake to ban civil liberties, cause it is often tough to get them back.

I think Trump does not have authority, according to constitution, of quarantining the tri-state area.

I think this virus is the beginning of referenced enema.

I think this virus allows us to correct some of the crap that has built up in our economic and political systems, at least that is what I am hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Well that's all well and good, but your post was certainly anything but, so I think it's a bit late to play that card.
    All good. It was just this morning that I posted about MLB/NBA on the thread that so I wouldn’t say too late.

I don’t care much about the talking heads. I do laugh about how people do live and die by their favorite heads opinion becoming fact. And your opinions (probably from other talking heads) are just as dumb imo.

Yours sound like herd immunity and heavy tracing. That would’ve required 300m tests and allowing the nsa to reintroduce the tracking that used to (and probably still) exists. No thanks.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Furthermore I tried multiple times to steer this thread to sports and it meanders back to whatever ppl believe (and their opinions).
    The virus killed sports leaving only the virus to talk about.

All good. It was just this morning that I posted about MLB/NBA on the thread that so I wouldn’t say too late.

I don’t care much about the talking heads. I do laugh about how people do live and die by their favorite heads opinion becoming fact. And your opinions (probably from other talking heads) are just as dumb imo.

Yours sound like herd immunity and heavy tracing. That would’ve required 300m tests and allowing the nsa to reintroduce the tracking that used to (and probably still) exists. No thanks.
    No. Test widely early to identity as many carriers as possible. Your best chance to slow it down is right away. Once you get to a certain point, the options are to either put in widespread mitigation or say screw it and hope for the best.

Also, able to test everyone with some symptoms is good for more low tech reasons han what you describe, but ultimately that's not enough alone.

I was one of the people most pissed off when they shutdown the NBA and NCAA and MLB. I've changed my opinion on that based on the New Orleans situation - many more victims because of not shutting down Mardi Gras. Thus, I suppose we can assume crowds at games would have done the same in a lot of other cities.

This nightmare is taking a while, but it will end.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    I think it would be a mistake to ban civil liberties, cause it is often tough to get them back.

I think Trump does not have authority, according to constitution, of quarantining the tri-state area.

I think this virus is the beginning of referenced enema.

I think this virus allows us to correct some of the crap that has built up in our economic and political systems, at least that is what I am hoping.

Agreed.

Deaths doubles from 1000 to 2000 in two days. 4000 Monday. Fuck.

The shittiest thing is we haven’t left the house in 11 days or come within 100 meters of someone outside of my immediate family but the 12 weeks old is carrying a modest fever right now and wheezing like crazy. Freaking myself and especially my wife out. Three kids in and I can’t remember any of them breathing and making this crazy sound at night. Fortunately no other signs of duress but still freaky none the less.

Bath or cool towel. Humidifier. Children’s Tylenol.

And coffee for you.

I remember when kids were that old. I’d watch them all night if I had to. But theyre tough and resilient.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I was one of the people most pissed off when they shutdown the NBA and NCAA and MLB. I've changed my opinion on that based on the New Orleans situation - many more victims because of not shutting down Mardi Gras. Thus, I suppose we can assume crowds at games would have done the same in a lot of other cities.

This nightmare is taking a while, but it will end.
    holy crap! who hacked your account?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    The shittiest thing is we haven’t left the house in 11 days or come within 100 meters of someone outside of my immediate family but the 12 weeks old is carrying a modest fever right now and wheezing like crazy. Freaking myself and especially my wife out. Three kids in and I can’t remember any of them breathing and making this crazy sound at night. Fortunately no other signs of duress but still freaky none the less.
    So scary, dude.

Hang in there.

Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA View Post
    holy crap! who hacked your account?
    lol

One of his left-leaning grand kids.

Blog Entries
    my best friend from NY has it; it's been a miserable 15 days for him so far
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    No. Test widely early to identity as many carriers as possible. Your best chance to slow it down is right away. Once you get to a certain point, the options are to either put in widespread mitigation or say screw it and hope for the best.

Also, able to test everyone with some symptoms is good for more low tech reasons han what you describe, but ultimately that's not enough alone.
    Again, you ask us not to be political, but this is tripe from the left. Testing 350 million people CAN NOT BE DONE. Many wouldn't show up to be tested. Even now, people are fleeing the tri state area instead of self quarantining. Testing only those with symptoms is pointless with a 2 week incubation.

People are stupid. They continue to disobey the orders that would help this the most. We had to remove the basketball hoops at the local park to stop the kids from playing. When I walk my dog, I see people rubbing each others dogs, standing side by side throwing spit covered balls for each others dogs. My own wife wants to run to the grocery store every damn day to get the one item she needs (I talk her out of it, but its usually a fight).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Very sorry to hear that Ish, all differences aside. Get the little one tested asap. In my prayers. No one deserves this plague in their house.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Again, you ask us not to be political, but this is tripe from the left. Testing 350 million people CAN NOT BE DONE. Many wouldn't show up to be tested. Even now, people are fleeing the tri state area instead of self quarantining. Testing only those with symptoms is pointless with a 2 week incubation.

People are stupid. They continue to disobey the orders that would help this the most. We had to remove the basketball hoops at the local park to stop the kids from playing. When I walk my dog, I see people rubbing each others dogs, standing side by side throwing spit covered balls for each others dogs. My own wife wants to run to the grocery store every damn day to get the one item she needs (I talk her out of it, but its usually a fight).
    You clearly have no idea of my political views. You don't test 300M people, but you also don't limit testing to primarily those who are hospitalized.

I watch virtually no main stream media. If some outlet is also repeating what experts smarter than me suggested, good for them. I could care less whether you view them as right, left, or anarchist.

Very sorry to hear that Ish, all differences aside. Get the little one tested asap. In my prayers. No one deserves this plague in their house.
    He likely can't. The restrictions on testing are pretty high. I have close relatives that had fever and were coughing up blood but they couldn't get tested without showing they had exposure to someone already diagnosed.
    Last edited by sharpe1027; 03-29-2020 at 10:53 AM.

I’m more bored than an Amish electrician