Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
And who do you see as to blame for that? The people just trying to help and mitigate this situation? Or the desperate assholes trying to overrule the electoral process and harm America and Americans in their efforts? You're probably correct that there should not be much correlation with political views, but the losers in the political process have made that impossible. Believe me, most Americans are acutely aware of what each side is doing.

oldbutnotdeadyet, if somebody says they are whatever in terms of ethnicity, I ain't gonna argue with them. I will say, though, I find what you say a bit hard to believe. Maybe you've been taking sarcasm lessons from Rand hahahahaha.
Human nature, motivated reasoning. You present the exact same facts and propose two different solutions, if you also indicate (random) party affiliations with these solutions the party is more important than facts to which is preferred.

Second part is people confronted with this freely see the bias in others, but are blind to their own.