Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Who are the big domestic airlines that will go up? I am happy to sell it and buy something else, I don't really care about the stock beyond I generally fly united 'cause it's convenient out of Milwaukee.
    Delta feels like the best but I usually get burned by them, I am too dumb at this to give you advice on your money. You might like Workhorse in MI, should get a chunk of the USPS Delivery Truck bid next month.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Studying my ass off every single night for the past 3 months to complete interviewing at FAANG. I am really hoping to land a staff engineer job at Stripe though, 'cause I believe at ~35B valuation they are gonna at least 10x over the next 10 years and I'd love to get a nice chunk of stock options.

The software world is just insane right now.
    https://www.levels.fyi/company/Strip...e-Engineer/L4/

Like WTF - I am a good engineer and a good leader but _not_ that good. I will happily take it if offered though.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Studying my ass off every single night for the past 3 months to complete interviewing at FAANG. I am really hoping to land a staff engineer job at Stripe though, 'cause I believe at ~35B valuation they are gonna at least 10x over the next 10 years and I'd love to get a nice chunk of stock options.

The software world is just insane right now.
    https://www.levels.fyi/company/Strip...e-Engineer/L4/

Like WTF - I am a good engineer and a good leader but _not_ that good. I will happily take it if offered though.
    If they are going to pay you take it. I agree this year has been by far my best in 20 years. I wont hit 7 figures but damn I was in yelling distance this year I just need to get my 20 townhouses and $3.5 cash liquid and I am retiring.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

This is a major opportunity. Who is going to take advantage? Apple is so far ahead that somebody has gotta take the plunge on the Windows side of things and do it. Qualcomm? Microsoft themselves? Wouldn't shock me if MS does it but due to their size would they have anti-trust issues then?

Why is Apple’s M1 Chip So Fast?
    https://erik-engheim.medium.com/why-...t-3262b158cba2

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael;
    Like WTF - I am... a good leader.
    Like, LOL, tell me more. Seriously. I am interested.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I fucked up the tech question in the Stripe interview today. Fuck! It was super easy in retrospect and I fucked it up.

https://twitter.com/sama/status/1334256582574526464

Some areas for huge technological progress in the next 5 years:

*General-purpose AI
    *Energy (particularly fission and fusion)
    *VR/AR (gets to "real trend" phase)
    *Bio (meaningful progress ending many diseases, at least one big gain for longevity, psychedelic medicine)
    *Silicon
    Smells like opportunity.

I fucked up the tech question in the Stripe interview today. Fuck! It was super easy in retrospect and I fucked it up.
    Again, tell me more about leadership.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Again, tell me more about leadership.
    Everyone fucks up every now and then

Blog Entries
    Skin, that stocks with the patch birth control sucks !! lol...........hopefully this post will push it to a double )
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    What Pot stocks you all buying ? My first was GRWG; got lucky as it's doubled since JoeJoe got elected.

Thinking of Canopy Growth CGC now.

What stocks is everybody pondering ?

I also bought a health food stock lately; spec stock. VRYYF; this one is my most recent buy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Skin, that stocks with the patch birth control sucks !! lol...........hopefully this post will push it to a double )
    Yeah, you don’t have to tell me. At least it’s a small holding.

I haven’t heard of anyone really having much luck in the whole pot field despite several attempts. I stay away from it, but then again that’s another personal matter. My own crop this year turned male and the only one that survived a deer attack looked like Charlie brown’s Christmas tree. You know you’re a shitty gardener when you can’t make weeds grow.

I do think the industry suffers from a lack of real confidence and support. I know things are different in the city, but I know a dozen or so growers out here, and no one really pays for it, just trading back and forth and even the most ardent users always have like a closet full of previous years goods. with the taxes on the legal stuff what they are, and the prevalence of a cultural adherence to underground pride, the more risk friendly home growers are always going to put a heavy drain on the demand in urban areas too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Everyone fucks up every now and then
    No. I get it. I helped author an award winning speech about the importance of accepting your mistakes and leadership. This is more of a birds eye view of the last like 15 years or whatever looking at someone who has, I believe, quite literally - used in the actual context, never once accepted responsibility for not only his mistakes, but for some shockingly reprehensible behavior. I’m not shocked now, nor am I actually concerned about it. It’s just humorous, after all this time, to see literary irony played out in front of me. I don’t blame the little fella, he’s always been this way. But after you get over hating him, you can’t help but love him for the humor he provides, given the context.

I also bought a health food stock lately; spec stock. VRYYF; this one is my most recent buy
    Cocktease. This would have been useful a month ago! Now you’re just trying to pump your own tires.

What Pot stocks you all buying ? My first was GRWG; got lucky as it's doubled since JoeJoe got elected.

Thinking of Canopy Growth CGC now.

What stocks is everybody pondering ?

Pot stocks? Is that even a thing? I financed a indoor grow operation once and made a ton of money. I prefer indica over sativa for my usage.
    C.H.U.D.

I cannot wait to get to buy AirBnB too. Super long on that. Going to be a huge company (already is). These folks are saying bubble, but I disagree on a 10 year timeline. AirBnB is going to be way bigger than Marriot or Hilton. Totally different model. https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status...54272383496195

YCombinator has gotta low-key be one of the most valuable companies in the world. They own 8% of AirBnB, Stripe, Cruise, Coinbase, Doordash, Instacart, Reddit, Dropbox, Twitch, Gusto which are all gigantic companies on the trajectory to be over 100B if not already.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 12-10-2020 at 11:43 AM.

I cannot wait to get to buy AirBnB too. Super long on that. Going to be a huge company (already is). These folks are saying bubble, but I disagree on a 10 year timeline. AirBnB is going to be way bigger than Marriot or Hilton. Totally different model. https://twitter.com/zerohedge/status...54272383496195

YCombinator has gotta low-key be one of the most valuable companies in the world. They own 8% of Stripe, Cruise, Coinbase, Doordash, Instacart, Reddit, Dropbox, Twitch, Gusto which are all gigantic companies on the trajectory to be over 100B if not already.
    Just an FYI, the last 2 places I stayed in Florida were condo complexes. They were trying to push out Air BnB and VRBO. The units were originally setup to have a main lobby and they would charge the owners to manage the whole thing. The property owners are banding together down there to push them out. No idea if they will succeed, just a heads up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I fucking hate airbnb. Its destroying neighborhoods and towns.
    C.H.U.D.

We stayed in one of those when we went on the bourbon trail but it was a big 1940s bilevel where two old people died. They still had all their old pictures and awards up and all the beds smelled like old skin until I glazed a couple of them. Otherwise it was pretty nice.

Blog Entries

YCombinator has gotta low-key be one of the most valuable companies in the world. They own 8% of AirBnB, Stripe, Cruise, Coinbase, Doordash, Instacart, Reddit, Dropbox, Twitch, Gusto which are all gigantic companies on the trajectory to be over 100B if not already.

did you close your eyes and buy at the open, or are you waiting in hopes the price comes down.

The little guys get screwed on these IPO's often. They announce it was coming public at 68 but when it opened for trading to the normal investor it opened at around 143