Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

That’s crazy. Wall Street has always been criminal. 2008 proved that without any jail time for anyone.

Microsec day trading is not what the market was intended to do either.

I don't understand what happened behind the scenes and how they're gonna cover the paper trail. Robinhood - a company on the verge of IPO for billions of dollars - is completely toast after today. So why did they make that choice? Was it a threat from Ken Griffin? Was it a payoff? Seems fishy.

According to this, Robinhood was worth ~12B in 2020. It's worth essentially nothing now since who would use it now? WTF. https://www.coindesk.com/robinhood-6...ound-valuation

Not too often do you see 12 weigh in on current events, but even he shared Portnoy's tweets.

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12

Well if the rationale was preventing over speculative bets - they can do that. It’s just shady as fuck how they did it.

For example - I use fidelity. They have flags when I have to call in if I’m betting on a penny or otc stock.
    And in crypto - Coinbase makes you prove identify and income for the super speculative crypto market.

Rich people have rich lawyers... but they pissed off the consumer and hopefully will fix it or suffer from the cancel culture.

I really don't think what they did was legal. I'm sure there is some EULA terms in there to cover their ass. Here's what I think happened:

Citadel securities processes the orders for all of the major brokerages that shut down (allegedly). Citadel also in invested in companies with a short position and they have a hefty one themselves (allegedly). To me, where there's smoke, there's generally fire. Kinda seems like Big Bad Ken shut down trading our said he'd stop doing business with the brokers and processing their trades.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't understand what happened behind the scenes and how they're gonna cover the paper trail. Robinhood - a company on the verge of IPO for billions of dollars - is completely toast after today. So why did they make that choice? Was it a threat from Ken Griffin? Was it a payoff? Seems fishy.

According to this, Robinhood was worth ~12B in 2020. It's worth essentially nothing now since who would use it now? WTF. https://www.coindesk.com/robinhood-6...ound-valuation

Not too often do you see 12 weigh in on current events, but even he shared Portnoy's tweets.

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12
    Robinhood is 40% owned by Citron. Robinhood sells the information from retail traders to the Hedge Funds so they get more accurate information for their trades.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Studying my ass off every single night for the past 3 months to complete interviewing at FAANG. I am really hoping to land a staff engineer job at Stripe though, 'cause I believe at ~35B valuation they are gonna at least 10x over the next 10 years and I'd love to get a nice chunk of stock options.

The software world is just insane right now.
    https://www.levels.fyi/company/Strip...e-Engineer/L4/

Like WTF - I am a good engineer and a good leader but _not_ that good. I will happily take it if offered though.
    Signed an offer today for a big job, but not at Stripe. Just an incredible time to be an engineer. This will be life changing for my family. Basically 2.3x what I make now.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Signed an offer today for a big job, but not at Stripe. Just an incredible time to be an engineer. This will be life changing for my family. Basically 2.3x what I make now.
    lol just started the tax marathon and this year was insane, made more this year then in last 5 years, made a BOATLOAD on the Dogecoin gamble.

*edit* and this year I mean fiscal 2020
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    what's everybody considering ? Any views of the EV charging stocks ? I won SBE for a profit. But I'm thinking of taking the profits out of this one. Thoughts ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    what's everybody considering ? Any views of the EV charging stocks ? I won SBE for a profit. But I'm thinking of taking the profits out of this one. Thoughts ?
    I am in Idex, Nio and Workhorse haven't done charging yet because I think these EV players will be like NIO and own their own and do Batteries as a Service. Dunno though all I know is I'm killing it in this easy market.
    Last edited by Tony Oday; 02-06-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I am in Idex, Nio and Workhorse haven't done charging yet because I think these EV players will be like NIO and own their own and do Batteries as a Service. Dunno though all I know is I'm killing it in this easy market.

I seem to be killing it as well, But I'm not in options or ETF's; only long term stocks.

Recent buys in past months have been many and include PLUG, GRWG, SPCE, INSG (only went up modestly so far but expecting more), APHA, and SBE

I am torn on SBE; see great upside but I can see this one going down too. I feel least confortable with the EV stocks. They are the future, but they can't all go to the moon and they are very high risk.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I'm just playing with side cash, got the main retirement with a real professional but man it's fun. I took a flier on GHSI and ZOM and have made a ton. NIO was my major play, in at $11.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Got my ass kicked by UWMC, PIR and PG&E but NIO brought it all back DOGE has been fun too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    I'm just playing with side cash, got the main retirement with a real professional but man it's fun. I took a flier on GHSI and ZOM and have made a ton. NIO was my major play, in at $11.
    Congrats !! SQ was my big one as I bought at around 11/share.

Any stocks you in love with now at current prices ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    NIO and Workhorse. NIO is fully backed by the Chicoms and should do amazing things this year, most think it will hit $100, good cars, increased production and they have battery as a service which will bring in cash for the life of the cars. Workhorse should get a big chunk of the USPS contract which should send it to the moon.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    ZOM, DOGE and Bitcoin popped

Blog Entries
    You like any of the EV charging stocks or do you veer away from those ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    You like any of the EV charging stocks or do you veer away from those ?
    1. I do not know a lot about them. 2. I think they would be ripe for either takeover, which is good, or these EV companies will do BAAS, Batteries as a Service, to pad their bottom line and add another revenue stream. If they do this in house I think that will be REALLY bad for the EV Charging Companies.

What is a SPAC? I want to invest in Chamath's fund but I dunno how to do it or exactly what it is. Can I buy stock in it?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    What is a SPAC? I want to invest in Chamath's fund but I dunno how to do it or exactly what it is. Can I buy stock in it?
    It is a blank check company that helps a company go public. Usually they are priced at like $10 per share, yes you can buy them no I have never made much off them.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    That's because I dumped the shares in CCIV before the rise but its VERY speculative.