Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Don't bet on it.
    Well, I did hit it two days too early, but the recovery is on!

On a side note, it’s times like this I wish I had poured 4x what I did into BA, that was a gimme, but was buying too much other actual shit at the time. Like a roof.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Blog Entries
    I recently bought some SKLZ and OPEN
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    What are you shitfaces buying ?

I added to Draft Kings and SKLZ today and took a small position in LAZR
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I sold everything but oil a week ago. My airline stuff hit a high so I took the profit. I'm getting nervous.....
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    I sold everything but oil a week ago. My airline stuff hit a high so I took the profit. I'm getting nervous.....

You think we're going to crash ?

I keep reading about pot stocks and kinda wanna buy more

Did you go to cash, hold or BTC or what?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Did you go to cash, hold or BTC or what?
    Cash in a high interest account. I'll buy something soon probably.
    C.H.U.D.

Well high for cash that is lol. BTC is a cult and scares the hell out of me.
    C.H.U.D.

Housing market is insane right now. I am gonna buy a house, the market is gonna collapse, and I am gonna lose 20-40% of value, aren't I?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes you dumb fuck. Wait until all the foreclosures protections expire. Next year will be the time to buy IMO.

Any of you hoes get dooshcoin? Some fucker at work said he bought $200 few weeks ago and it’s $2000 now.

That coin was created as a joke. Ruins the whole crypto currency landscape. Would think a market correction is coming soon but then again the herd buys what the herd buys. I can't complain though as bitcoin cash has been kind as of late even with bitcoin fairly stagnant. Speculating on ADA too now.
    60% of the time it works every time.

Chia
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Yes you dumb fuck. Wait until all the foreclosures protections expire. Next year will be the time to buy IMO.

Any of you hoes get dooshcoin? Some fucker at work said he bought $200 few weeks ago and it’s $2000 now.
    Yeah unfortunately so few houses that check our boxes come on the market that we gotta jump when they do.

Not a lot of 5-6 bedroom in our town and we ain't moving, so beggars can't be choosers.

Lost a shit load of money on paper but still up bigly in covid times cha ching

Anybody use anything like Wealthfront? I want to set something up where my money gets invested automatically without even thinknig about it.

Alright folks - let's say hypothetically I pocketed enough money to have ~150K to invest per year post tax. I already max out 401K, etc. I know some folks do backdoor roth, etc but I haven't researched this.

Would I be better served investing in real estate or stocks? I don't want to actually manage the properties, just invest in them and own them since right now time is a limiting factor for me. I have young kids and a demanding job so I don't want to spend my time f'ing around with real estate too much.

What other types of investments should I consider?

Blog Entries
    What type of real estate, and why would you choose this over stocks when you seem to have don well with stocks. It's not all roses in real estate. Eventually this insanity will correct and some will pay for excessively overpaying for homes

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    What type of real estate, and why would you choose this over stocks when you seem to have don well with stocks. It's not all roses in real estate. Eventually this insanity will correct and some will pay for excessively overpaying for homes
    I don't know the answer to any of these questions. I am just trying to maximize my ROI with as little time commitment as possible. We get a big equity grant each year at my job so I intend to invest the the whole thing and hopefully set my kids up. Just not sure how to best do that. Seems like some peeps in real estate can make some serious coin, but conversely it also seems like they invest a lot of time.

Something I do want is the money to be relatively liquid so if we decide to buy a new house we can.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I don't know the answer to any of these questions. I am just trying to maximize my ROI with as little time commitment as possible. We get a big equity grant each year at my job so I intend to invest the the whole thing and hopefully set my kids up. Just not sure how to best do that. Seems like some peeps in real estate can make some serious coin, but conversely it also seems like they invest a lot of time.

Something I do want is the money to be relatively liquid so if we decide to buy a new house we can.
    Best way to make money in this environment is rentals but if you do not want to spend time you have to have a management company that cuts into your profits. This type of investment is NOT liquid at all. Right now I would leverage primary residences because rates are ridiculously low, so put it in rentals, if you want it to pay out to your kids, and then put less down on a house.

the other option is just get a financial advisor and open a brokerage account. Usually at $300k they start managing it better, at $500k the costs go down and over a mil they get even better.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

What are the stocks they are a good buy right now? Looking for phat returns and don’t need to touch the money anytime soon - in Roth IRA