Thread: Official Jordan Love Bandwagon Thread:

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    That's a narrative that isn't founded on reality, though. Unless of course you're assuming that Tom Brady is underpaid or whatever or on a rookie contract. He's unusual in that his wife is a billionaire.

Brady beat Mahomes - Both paid a premium
    Mahomes beat Jimmy G - Mahomes paid immediately after, Jimmy G was highly paid
    Brady beat Goff - Goff Paid immediately after
    Eagles Guy beats Brady - Yes, this one counts I guess but Eagles Guy never did anything after
    Brady beat Matt Ryan - both highly paid
    Manning beat Newton - Both highly paid
    Brady beat Wilson - Wilson paid immediately after
    Wilson beat Manning - Yes, this one qualifies for sure
    Joe Flacco beat Colin Kapernick - Flacco got paid immediately after it, Kapernick never did anything after
    Eli beat Brady - Both highly paid
    Rodgers beat Roethlisberger - Both highly paid
    Brees beat Manning - Both highly paid
    Roethlisberger beat Warner - Both highly paid
    Manning beat Brady - Both highly paid
    Manning beat Grossman - Grossman qualifies although he never did anything after

In general, the data clearly does not support that this happens often. This is Murphy setting a narrative. "Own the future". But wait, couldn't they just own the present by paying their star? Whole thing is dumb.

It takes two to tango on re-upping Rodgers. At this point, I think it's abundantly clear that Rodgers feels it's too little too late. I can see where a normal person is like "Yeah I would just be happy to have their job and happy with whatever I can get" but that's not how someone thinks in their position. This off-season or maybe even earlier they will either re-up Rodgers with something that locks him up for at least 4 years and w/ the plan to trade Love either this season or next or they will trade Rodgers.
    2 things. First, Brady is perennially underpaid, as such he generally has a top 5 defense. Second, just because a QB got immediately paid AFTER he won as underpaid supports the opposite side of the argument you are trying to make.

Edit: To make it more clear. Maholmes immediately paid. Hasn't won since (yea, I know, yet to be seen). Goff paid...Huge mistake and Rams are in cap hell desperate to trade the future to win after that contract. Wilson paid. Defense fell apart. Team hasn't done shit since. Flacco paid...need I say more. Kapernick paid...need I say more. Eli won his first Owl on his rookie deal (6y for 54m) and his second while the impact had not hit the cap yet. He was not highly paid for either win. Brady made $25 million for his win last year...you call that highly paid for todays QB??

Your data is really supporting the other side of the argument. I'm not even sure the cap hit for Rodgers hit until after he won his and then never won another.
    Last edited by bobblehead; 09-07-2021 at 10:36 AM.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.