Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
Scott and Garvin were the 236th and 242nd players selected. They don't have to become starters to be good picks. If they're just decent role players, they're good picks. If they become starters, they're steals. Runyan as a 6th round pick is also close to a steal. If there was a reach in this draft it was DeGuara. That can still be an okay pick, or it could be a bust. I see this as a decent draft that could be great if Love becomes the next Packer stud QB.
Fair point. I think getting starts and quality play out of Runyan makes up for drafting a RB in R2. Granted, Dillon is a good RB, but drafting RBs high is not for everyone.
Getting meaningful snaps from Garvin and hopefully Scott isn't nothing, especially since they are basically a small step above being UDFAs. Being even average players who can sub in to give starters a break without crapping the bed will make them good picks.

It might not be fair to ding them for Kamal Martin; he did some good last year and he's on the active roster for CAR, so he's at least worthy of an NFL roster spot.

As I said it's still a little early for this class because Covid wrecked their first offseason and it usually take 3 years to really get a sense of a class. There's a chance this class could be a very good one, but for now it's 'ok'.
I would NOT give this draft a failing grade. It absolutely makes sense to draft a good backup (and possible protege) for your 39 year old QB. They didn't handle it well with said QB; that's a separate issue.