Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Queens II Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    It’s do or die time for Bakh and Zadarius. Either they practice and play over the next two weeks, or I believe it’s time to move on from them this season. Jaire may still have a chance, but I guess we’ll know tomorrow.

Meyers and Turner, having played this season can perhaps work their way back in for the playoffs.
    I don't think Bahk or Z is coming back this year. I hated the signing of Bahk to a record deal. We already got his best years, and now we are going to get a broken down relic at top dollar for years to come. At least we will be able to dump Z.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

MVS activated from Covid list.

Packers depth chart:

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

We really can’t afford to lose OL. If we somehow get through this week with a W, maybe we could beat the Lions with more backup OL. Covid is really getting annoying. Last year if we had fans in the stands we’d probably have gone to the SB. This year, it might get messed up again in a different way

Lets hope the Packers circle the wagons and get through this one. If we can keep the offense depth chart like it is (fingers crossed) - maybe the Packers can win a shootout. With little wind, the weather is in the Packers favor.

If the win this week, the next game doesn't matter at all for the bye, correct? If so, might as well rest up for two weeks and have _every_ player sit on their ass at home and just ride the pelly. Avoid the covid.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If the win this week, the next game doesn't matter at all for the bye, correct? If so, might as well rest up for two weeks and have _every_ player sit on their ass at home and just ride the pelly. Avoid the covid.
    They would have to win and Dallas lose this week to have everything wrapped up.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    You need to take the Wallbanger off your ignore list, hombre. As the Wallbanger stated previously, the Packers can clinch the #1 seed this week if - and only if - they hit the following two phenomena:

1. Beat the Queens, which, according to the nincompoop Tony O’Day, the Packers have “no chance.” It should be noted that orangutans are smarter than O’Day. Therefore, there’s a good chance O’Day was merely nincompooping shit out of his nincompoopic Neanderthal brain.

AND

2. Kyler does Dallas. Catholic Rednecks of Arizona exorcise the Cow-fuckers of Texas.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 12-30-2021 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Flipping burgers for $7.25/hr.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Missed that post. In that case, go Cards!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I don't think Bahk or Z is coming back this year. I hated the signing of Bahk to a record deal. We already got his best years, and now we are going to get a broken down relic at top dollar for years to come. At least we will be able to dump Z.

I don't think either is coming back, but even if Bakh came back - outside of increasing the depth of the line - how much difference would it make? He'd be so rusty that it would be not the level of play we associate with his name. Guy hasn't played in a year. Would be nice though to have the depth.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    If things go badly, they're only stuck with Bakhtiari for one more year. They could cut him after the 2022 season and save 8.7M on the cap.

Davante Adams needs 62 receiving yards Sunday to pass Don Hutson for 4th all-time on the Packers in receiving yards. 205 to pass sterling Sharpe for 3rd.

Aaron Jones needs 57 rushing yards to pass Ryan Grant for 5th all-time on the Packers. He needs 111 yards to pass Tony Canadeo for 4th.

Rob Demovsky

LaFleur said a couple of the guys who went on the COVID list on Saturday were able to return today. He didn't say who but it was King, Jean-Charles and Hamilton who were down that day.

Also, 3 new cases today: 1 staff and 2 players not on 53.

Blog Entries
    REAL QUESTION FOR MY FF NEW YORK LEAGUE

We get points for receptions, yards per catch, touchdowns by receivers, and total yards and we have to start 4 receivers.

THOUGHTS..............Russell Gage or Tyler Conklin ????????????????
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    REAL QUESTION FOR MY FF NEW YORK LEAGUE

We get points for receptions, yards per catch, touchdowns by receivers, and total yards and we have to start 4 receivers.

THOUGHTS..............Russell Gage or Tyler Conklin ????????????????
    Yikes.I don't like either one. Conklin missed practice yesterday with a hamstring. Gage is going up against the NFL's best pass defense. If healthy, I might go with Conklin. With Thielen out, he might get more targets than usual. But if the hamstring is an issue, that sounds like a tough night in single digit weather. In that case, I would go with Gage.

This is a surprise.

MK Burgess Retweeted
    Ian Rapoport

#Packers WR Randall Cobb, who had core muscle surgery in early December, was back at practice today. The injury generally requires an 8-week recovery, but if Cobb beats the odds, he could be back for the playoffs.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1476631223158116360

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Yikes.I don't like either one. Conklin missed practice yesterday with a hamstring. Gage is going up against the NFL's best pass defense. If healthy, I might go with Conklin. With Thielen out, he might get more targets than usual. But if the hamstring is an issue, that sounds like a. tough night in single digit weather. In that case, I would go with Gage.

ya, we have to start 4 WR's and 2 TE's every week. I was going to be happy and pick McKenzie from the Bills up and they activated Beasley and Davis.

So now we have Van Jefferson from the Rams, AH Green, and Gage to choose for our #4 or we can pick up Conklin or MVS. I think Conklin could have a decent game vs. Green Bay given how bad our D has looked lately but who knows. MVS to me is always as wild card
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

So Cook and Thielen both out?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    So Cook and Thielen both out?
    No. Cook is back.

Alas, Cook is going to feast.