Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
Rodgers will come back, simply to ensure that Love never plays for Green Bay. I think that has been his ultimate goal ever since Gute made that draft pick.
I can't imagine how you could possibly come to this conclusion. It has zero basis in anything anyone has ever said.

That out of the way, I have no idea what Rodgers is going to do. Its a LOT of money. However he has more than he can spend and he looked quite disinterested all season. I'm not convinced of anything, especially not what is "reported". I think it was one of the "insiders" earlier this season who reported that everyone in the GB organization knows Rodgers is retiring after the season. Now the same group of insiders thinks he will be back. They know as much as I do, which is to say they can read signals. Problem is that Rodgers has given mixed signals so we can only rely on what we know about him. He has a huge ego and won't like going out the way he just did. He also is pretty sharp and probably realizes the organization is ready to move on.

My best bet is he agrees to a trade after 6/1. Thats pure speculation based on all available information I can put together.