Thread: Official Free Agency/Offseason Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    If Rodgers is the starting QB for GB in 2025 -- three years from now -- I will buy Vikings season tickets. That's how sure I am. If I'm wrong, it's not lying, it's because a very, very low probability event came true.
    Has nothing to do with lying/honesty.

Football is a fun kids game until 310 pound men want to smash into you at 18+ mph and plant you under the turf repeatedly, and then have the public scrutinize your every move. It's a fun game, but it's a business at that level. There were numerous times last year the telecast showed him either yelling at receivers and coaches or giving them death stares. Dude was frustrated, often. Maybe that's because they lost 9 games and might have played bad enough to lose a few others, but when you're not having fun doing that it makes you not want to work all year and go through it again. I simply don't think Rodgers is mentally or physically prepared to go thru that for 3 more years. He's a tough guy and a FHOF but at some point soon he'll decide he's done.
    hahahahahaha Well, at least you prefaced it with "I don't think ....." - you're making progress. Three years is actually the end of the glorious current contract, right? I wouldn't bet too much against you on that. Many in here and otherwise think he will be gone 1 or 2 or even 3 years sooner. Your premise is actually the moderate idea. If you turn out to be right, we should have three wonderful years, and then a penalty to pay in dead money or whatever. The cap will be through the roof by then anyway, though, and without Rodgers, the team just might go down for a few years, so "cap hell" would hardly be noticed. I tend to think, though, that the more likely scenario is that after the three years, Rodgers comes back for 2 or 3 moreon a cap friendly contract and at a slightly lower total pay due to a slight downturn in quality of play at the age he will be then.

I said "fun game" and we all "would if we could". That "would if we could" kinda implies we are the 310 pounders ourselves or we have the athleticism to handle the situation and/or ability to thrive based on talent. That would be kinda fun, wouldn't it?

And thinking you know what's in Rodgers' heart and mine, that's a slippery slope too. Admittedly, I do it too, but of course, when I do it, it's eminently logical rather than intentionally stirring up trouble (the media shitheads) or believing those media shitheads (many in here). I've seen some of those "looks" and "death stares" (your words) too. In addition to being deserved in some cases, they plus the "yelling" could just as well be corrective and thus improving to the young players. I'll put Rodgers as a teammate up against just about anybody else on any team, way better than for example, Tom Brady.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 02-28-2023 at 04:07 PM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?