View Poll Results: Who will Rodgers Play For In 2023?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

10 33.33%
  • Raiders

4 13.33%
  • Jets

10 33.33%
  • Panthers

0 0%
  • Titans

2 6.67%
  • Dolphins

0 0%
  • Colts

0 0%
  • Bucs

0 0%
  • Other

2 6.67%
  • He Won't Play

2 6.67%
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2023 (Or Will He Play)?

Yeah, and what am I saying that's any different now?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    "A contingent of Jets team officials, including owner Woody Johnson, general manager Joe Douglas, head coach Robert Saleh and offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, are flying out Tuesday to meet in person with Rodgers, sources said. It's unclear whether the meeting will result in a trade, however."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rs-sources-say
    That should be sufficient enough ball licking for Rodgers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    If you can't admit that you allowed ZERO possibility for Rodgers being traded through like 12 pages then you are backtracking.
    Don’t forget all the time he called everyone who thought he would be traded, shitheads or dumb asses or and other childish name his feeble brain could come up with

Stupid worthless fuck probably doesn’t remember making any of his posts anyways

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    That should be sufficient enough ball licking for Rodgers, right?
    Should be. The strange thing is they are flying to Green Bay to talk to him per a tweet I saw. Why would he be in Green Bay in March?

Should be. The strange thing is they are flying to Green Bay to talk to him per a tweet I saw. Why would he be in Green Bay in March?
    Maybe he also finally had a meeting with the packers where they agreed to all this?

Haven’t read anything about it, but it’s just a random guess, so nobody go spreading this around the inter webs claiming a source said this!!!!

Maybe he also finally had a meeting with the packers where they agreed to all this?

Haven’t read anything about it, but it’s just a random guess, so nobody go spreading this around the inter webs claiming a source said this!!!!

Might have been Trey Wingo, really not sure. Andrew Brandt mentioned "Why is Rodgers in Green Bay" I believe.

There is WAY too much smoke in the air at this point for this all to simply be media pukes driving clickbait. The chances of Rodgers being traded go up every day. His contract is not some miracle that prevents a trade. As Tex likes to say, the salary cap is very flexible. So are most NFL contracts. There is always an out somewhere that can be taken advantage of. This contract will prove to be no different.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I also heard on the radio(speculation) that the packers would somehow have to rework his deal before a trade to make it easier for them to offload him and for the new team to then be able to get him under the cap

Not sure how this would work, but it makes since with that goofy 60 million dollar bonus out there

If nothing is done to the contract, then we almost have to wait till june 1st to trade him

I just saw the Jets staff has landed in California which makes 100% more sense.

Tex is a Rodgers stan. Ignore him like he ignores facts and data.

The JETS coaches and ownership landed in California to meet with Rodgers. He's under contract with the Packers, so clearly GB is ready to trade him. This isn't legal tampering, this one team having permission to talk to another team's player about joining them. There's significance to that.

At a minimum, it implies GB and NYJ have trade framework in place, and NYJ are out there selling him on the trade. If they can't convince him to go along with a trade, that could get interesting and uncomfortable.
    Gonna be a fascinating time leading up to the new season.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Tex gonna have egg on his face soon
    Damn, I can’t believe you only said egg.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Media pukes and shitheads.

Sure seems like the reports that Rodgers spoke with NYJ has some legs to it, and he's been very quiet (when he could easily shoot rumors down), so one would think there's truth to this.
    If Rodgers is talking to another team, GB has made its preference known at the 2023 QB spot.
    Departure starting to sound likely.

Blog Entries
    Don’t forget all the time he called everyone who thought he would be traded, shitheads or dumb asses or and other childish name his feeble brain could come up with

Stupid worthless fuck probably doesn’t remember making any of his posts anyways
    Hey hey calm down!! Tex was referring to you all those times so he wasn’t wrong about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Yeah, and what am I saying that's any different now?
    Tex stick to your guns, fuck all these guys. Bunch of pukes if you ask me. If you put them in the same room as the media the media would be the better half. Even lawyers would be better than them. Not even worthy of being experimented on like rats in a cage.

Blog Entries
    Might have been Trey Wingo, really not sure. Andrew Brandt mentioned "Why is Rodgers in Green Bay" I believe.
    Don’t worry in two years the headline will read Vikings in New York.

If I’m the Jets, why am I not looking at Lamar right now? I don’t get it. Not as good of a pure passer but a lot less flaky, younger, more certainty, similar contract, etc. collusion league wide around Lamar for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Tex stick to your guns, fuck all these guys. Bunch of pukes if you ask me. If you put them in the same room as the media the media would be the better half. Even lawyers would be better than them. Not even worthy of being experimented on like rats in a cage.
    Oh, don't worry, I will. Some of them in here are halfway reasonable, and some are just plain dumbasses.

As to who turns out to be right and who turns out to be wrong, I guess we'll see. One thing that's sure, though, if those dumbasses get what they crave, it will be dark times ahead for all of us. I say again, I stand by saying it ain't gonna happen. Be careful what ya'all wish for.

KingFriday's post above is kinda interesting. Yes, it would take something like that for a trade to happen, and I'm fairly sure such an "out" doesn't exist.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Does the ability to understand sarcasm diminish with age?

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    If I’m the Jets, why am I not looking at Lamar right now? I don’t get it. Not as good of a pure passer but a lot less flaky, younger, more certainty, similar contract, etc. collusion league wide around Lamar for sure.
    Because he wants a guaranteed contract even though he's missed 5 games each of the last 2 years. He has a style of play that usually doesn't lead to longevity.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Because he wants a guaranteed contract even though he's missed 5 games each of the last 2 years. He has a style of play that usually doesn't lead to longevity.
    Want and receive are two different things. I want a guaranteed contract too. It’s not gonna happen for either of us.