Yes, Love's fundamentals have improved. Rodgers had horrible fundamentals and fixed those, it can be done. Rodgers has a crazy arm so he can get away with a lot most QB can't or shouldn't.

Love's mobility isn't bad, his arm strength is fine, he can go to a 2nd or 3rd read, and his footwork is better than it was. He doesn't get flustered easily, his body language is generally good. Keeps his eyes downfield, doesn't scream like Brady.
Love will need to work on manipulating coverage with his eyes, and also reading coverages -- same as any young QB, but he's shown improvement from his college tape. His playing time last year showed an improvement over the previous year.

I think if MLF is anywhere as good as some think he should be able to coax some "good enough" QB play out of Jordan Love. The Shanahan offense is supposed to be QB friendly.
I am skeptical he's a top 5 QB, but I think he could have a few very good years, especially if surrounded with good skill players & scheme. If they can manage a passable defense they could even make some noise in a bad NFC. I'd rather have his contract (including the 5th year option) than Derek Carr's.