Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I'm going by what Rodgers said. You're the one that's been going on about what Rodgers and the Packers have been thinking. Hilarious.
    What did I ever say that remotely was that? I said he's highly unlikely to walk away from $59 million. Is that what you have in mind?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much what the Pack-a-Day podcast was saying as well. Given the contract and the possibility of Rodgers not playing more than one year, normally that wouldn't bring much in return, but Rodgers has the potential to take the Jets from missing the playoffs to playing for the Super Bowl, and that's worth a lot. Both teams need this trade to go through so there isn't really much leverage either way.
    Correct about what it means to the Jets, but the Packers need for it to NOT go through in order to not go right down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What did I ever say that remotely was that? I said he's highly unlikely to walk away from $59 million. Is that what you have in mind?
    -
    I'm fairly sure Rodgers knows he's staying and the Packer brass know he is staying. Rodgers is just stringing along the media shitheads and anybody dumb enough to swallow the media shit.

I'm completely confident that I'm aligned with the thinking of the Packer brass on this topic -
    --
    I say again, Rodgers isn't gonna be traded, and he isn't gonna retire. If they did want to trade him - which they obviously don't, he wouldn't have much say about where he would go, except maybe to threaten retirement - which clearly would be throwing away so much money that it would be significant even to somebody as rich as he is. All of this trade talk is just ludicrous.

-
    I'm fairly sure Rodgers knows he's staying and the Packer brass know he is staying. Rodgers is just stringing along the media shitheads and anybody dumb enough to swallow the media shit.

I'm completely confident that I'm aligned with the thinking of the Packer brass on this topic -
    --
    I say again, Rodgers isn't gonna be traded, and he isn't gonna retire. If they did want to trade him - which they obviously don't, he wouldn't have much say about where he would go, except maybe to threaten retirement - which clearly would be throwing away so much money that it would be significant even to somebody as rich as he is. All of this trade talk is just ludicrous.
    The most intelligent sounding post I've seen in here in quite a while hahahaha.

I already copped to being wrong - seemingly anyway - about the trade. Rodgers stringing along the media shitheads? I stand by that - he said as much.

The most intelligent sounding post I've seen in here in quite a while hahahaha.

I already copped to being wrong - seemingly anyway - about the trade. Rodgers stringing along the media shitheads? I stand by that - he said as much.
    You asked for examples of where you were claiming to know what Rodgers and the Packers were thinking. I provided them. You hypocritical shithead.

You asked for examples of where you were claiming to know what Rodgers and the Packers were thinking. I provided them. You hypocritical shithead.
    Sharpe, you know it's like arguing with a wall.

So let's get this back on track. Hey, Tex, so what do you think the Packers will get for Rodgers, man? Rodgers said he wants to play for the Jets, and it's all done but the compensation, so what do you think the Packers will get for Rodgers???
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

So let's get this back on track. Hey, Tex, so what do you think the Packers will get for Rodgers, man? Rodgers said he wants to play for the Jets, and it's all done but the compensation, so what do you think the Packers will get for Rodgers???
    The goat who will play like a goat for 4-10 more years? Clearly 3 firsts and probably more.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Yeah. I know, but sometimes I can't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The goat who will play like a goat for 4-10 more years? Clearly 3 firsts and probably more.
    Per Tex, it's so obvious to anyone that's not a shithead Rodgers hater that he's going to play for 5 more years at a near MVP level. He's got to be worth more than that.

Another excellent job of quoting hahahaha.

Well, Tex, answer the question: what do you think the Packers will get for Rodgers?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    HERE IS WHAT I WANT TO OFFER TO TAKE FOR KAREN

Green Bay traded Karen for a 2023 2nd rounder, and a 2024 1st rounder. That is equivalent to 2 second round picks, and I think the Jets might go for that given they expect to draft near the bottom of the round next year. I like the idea of having two 1st round picks in 2024. Let's figure out what we have with Love this year. I am fine getting a deferred pick or two

I don't think da Jets are giving up #13, and for the record I have NO problem at all calling their bluff and letting this staredown go til training camp.

Clearly GuteBag F'cked up royally several times in the past two years. That includes:

* Not resigning Devante Adams with a year left on his deal when he wanted to sign with GB; sounds like they were 2,000,000 apart. He ended up getting way way more
    * Not trading Karen for a shitload of draft picks, thinking they could keep him and win a Super Bowl
    * Last, but maybe not least, giving AROD everything he wanted in a deal great for Karen and not for Green Bay
    * In addition, not clearly articulating to Karen his expectations that he come back to the all in mentality that he bantered about in interviews at the end of the season. There was a disconnect IMO and that is on Gutebag

With having several motherload of f'ck ups by Gute, I don't wanna see another one. I think the Jets are offering a 3rd as is or a 2nd only if GB easts more of the contract. That is unaccepteable. Gutebag needs to try to get fair value, at least.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Well, Tex, answer the question: what do you think the Packers will get for Rodgers?
    I'd rather say what SHOULD the Packers get - if there is a trade, which at this point, even I have to say is highly probable, although there's still a very slim thread of hope it will all fall through. SHOULD: at least two #1s and probably a little more besides. What WILL they get? If the Packer brass is as stupidly hung up on making a trade/moving on from Rodgers as most of ya'all in here seem to think/want, then they might be the ones to blink and give the Jets a bargain. The fact that no trade has been made says IMO that they are asking for at very least one #1. Sadly, my best guess would be that the trade eventually does go through, maybe not until after the draft, and we get a #2 and #3 in '24 with an additional #2 for each additional #2 for each year Rodgers plays beyond the first year. I suppose that would make ya'all stupidly happy, at least until ya'all wake up and see the Packers floundering with maybe 5 or 6 wins while Rodgers is playing MVP quality for the Jets.

You asked, I answered - as I literally always do, when so many others do not.

It's not us that want the trade, Tex. It's Rodgers.

Well, Tex, you did answer. You did.

As always, there's the "before the draft" impression of the deal: "Two first rounders! Wow! Cool!" or "Only a third and a second? Sheesh."

The after the draft - as in, two or three years after - can change that. IF the Packers get two first rounders, and one is Datone Jones and the other is Darnell Savage, then ugh. IF the Packers get only a third and second, and one is Davante Adams and the other is Elgton Jenkins, then cool.

KYPack

That's the problem with getting draft pick(s) for a known superstar, Fritz. It's a crap shoot, and usually a losing one. BTW, I didn't say they'd get 2 first rounders if they traded him before the draft if that's what you're saying. I just said SHOULD get 2 first rounders.

Sharpe, so you're now saying you don't want a Rodgers trade? Wow, talk about breaking news hahahaha. I'm generally too lazy to go back and dig up people's posts, but I'm pretty sure even before that sad day on McAfee when Rodgers said that, a LOT of haters or whatever in here were clamoring for trading him.

So if Rodgers came out and said he would be happy to stay with the Packers either because the trade falls through or he just says it, and then the trade falls through, you'd be happy with that? Did you just come out of the darkness, or what? I welcome you to the light, but I bet most of the ya'all crowd stupidly disagree with you.

Tex, you only hear what you want to hear, you shithead.

Correct about what it means to the Jets, but the Packers need for it to NOT go through in order to not go right down the drain.
    If the Packers needed this trade to fall through, they would not have given the Jets permission to talk, and it would have been Gute, Murphy, and MLF traveling out there fluffing him so that he would come back. The Packers are convinced that they need to move on from Rodgers, and therefore they need to get this trade done. There's a small chance for Rodgers winning the SB with the Jets, but no chance if he's back with the Packers. The situation will be bad and the season will implode.

As for what they should get, both seconds this year, and a conditional second next year if he plays on would be decent enough. If they can get more, great. It's unfortunate that there isn't another team involved to get the bidding higher.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 03-25-2023 at 01:19 PM.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

When I say NEED, I mean that's the only way the future is not extremely bleak - if the trade falls through and Rodgers stays a Packer.

There’s no way Rodgers plays again for the Pack