Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: What do the Packers get for Aaron Rodgers?

I put it at just 10-15%, BUT if the trade does fall through, I put it at 97-100%.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

If trade falls through I’d say 90% he retires

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    HERE IS WHAT I WANT TO OFFER TO TAKE FOR KAREN

Green Bay traded Karen for a 2023 2nd rounder, and a 2024 1st rounder. That is equivalent to 2 second round picks, and I think the Jets might go for that given they expect to draft near the bottom of the round next year. I like the idea of having two 1st round picks in 2024. Let's figure out what we have with Love this year. I am fine getting a deferred pick or two

I don't think da Jets are giving up #13, and for the record I have NO problem at all calling their bluff and letting this staredown go til training camp.

Clearly GuteBag F'cked up royally several times in the past two years. That includes:

* Not resigning Devante Adams with a year left on his deal when he wanted to sign with GB; sounds like they were 2,000,000 apart. He ended up getting way way more
    * Not trading Karen for a shitload of draft picks, thinking they could keep him and win a Super Bowl
    * Last, but maybe not least, giving AROD everything he wanted in a deal great for Karen and not for Green Bay
    * In addition, not clearly articulating to Karen his expectations that he come back to the all in mentality that he bantered about in interviews at the end of the season. There was a disconnect IMO and that is on Gutebag

With having several motherload of f'ck ups by Gute, I don't wanna see another one. I think the Jets are offering a 3rd as is or a 2nd only if GB easts more of the contract. That is unaccepteable. Gutebag needs to try to get fair value, at least.
    Focusing just on the trade part of your post I agree Gutes needs to stand strong on this one. The packers currently have 2 starting QBs on their roster while the Jets have none. People who think we have no leverage forget that point. I would also open talks with other teams (particularly SF). I would tell Rodgers that if he sinks talks with other teams he is welcome back next season. I wouldn't threaten him or say he's going to be the backup, but I would have Love ready at moments notice if Rodgers isn't productive. I would rather get nothing than a lone second to be honest.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Next year's first, even if it's in the mid-twenties, would be a nice haul if they could add one of the Jets' second-rounders this year.
    I wouldn't even mind if the first was conditional on Rodgers being on an NFL roster at any point in 2024. I know the jets wouldn't be happy that its not conditional on him being a Jet, but they would have him, under contract, so its on them to make sure it would be with them.

On the other hand if Rodgers is one and done, getting a second for him would probably be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    To play devils advocate, here is a 40yo that seemed to decline and has said publicly he had one foot in retirement this offseason. How much is realistic? It's tricky hence why it isn't done.
    I want to be the 49ers. They get a 2nd for a journeyman QB they benched (alex smith). They get 3rds streaming in every year because they refuse to promote their own minority coaches and scouts while other teams actually give them the roles they deserve. The NFL seems to be a very weird place when it comes to draft comp. Seems like when GB loses guys for 10+ mil a year its worth a 5th, but when more favored cities lose similar talent its worth a 3rd. Now we have a guy who won 2 of the last 3 MVPs and people think his value is the same as Alex Smith earlier in his non spectacular career. I'll also point out that when you trade for anyone you have to give him a marquee contract. In this case Rodgers isn't asking for a new deal like Khalil Mack was....and how many seasons did Mack give Chicago after that trade? If Rodgers gives them 3 top 5QB seasons shouldn't we get 2 firsts at least? Shouldn't this entire deal be a huge contingency deal?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    It's not us that want the trade, Tex. It's Rodgers.
    Now, in fairness, thats simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    There’s no way Rodgers plays again for the Pack
    I'm also not 100% convinced that is true. 98%, but not 100.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm also not 100% convinced that is true. 98%, but not 100.

He'd be pissed, you'd see him when required by contract. He stand to make a shit ton of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    If trade falls through I’d say 90% he retires
    No, if it falls through, he's going to fuck the Packers over for the 60M, and likely cause them to lose Love. He might even play one more season after that, because the Packers will cut him before paying the additional 40M, and he will go somewhere else with the Packers getting nothing but a cap hit. Leading to at least five painful years rebuilding.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

The Packers are going to get a 2nd round pick in 2023 and a conditional pick in 2024.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

hahahahahaha It sounds like the haters and imbeciles are getting worried.

Now, in fairness, thats simply not true.
    What are you talking about? Rodgers said he intends to play for the Jets. Most posters here are reasonable and aren't dead set on a trade because they recognize Rodgers gives the Packers the best chance of winning this year. Tex assumes anyone that even mentions benefits of a trade hates Rodgers because Tex is a shithead Packer fan hater.

I think most people here feel it is best to move forward with Love even if it means fewer wins in 2023. Although I don't think most feel that is a given. I think people remember the Packers were 6-10 Rodgers' first season as a starter, but were Super Bowl Champs just 2 years later.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Focusing just on the trade part of your post I agree Gutes needs to stand strong on this one. The packers currently have 2 starting QBs on their roster while the Jets have none. People who think we have no leverage forget that point. I would also open talks with other teams (particularly SF). I would tell Rodgers that if he sinks talks with other teams he is welcome back next season. I wouldn't threaten him or say he's going to be the backup, but I would have Love ready at moments notice if Rodgers isn't productive. I would rather get nothing than a lone second to be honest.
    The problem with this line is that you seem to think that that's a good thing, but in this particular case, it's not a good thing at all. IF Rodgers somehow ends up not being traded, what do you do with him? Especially if he keeps on about still having the competetive fires burning, and all of that. At this point the bridges have been burned, don't you think? Can anyone imagine Rodgers coming back to the Packers and all is well? That even though they haven't signed a single one of the amigos Rodgers wanted, even though the team has been clear they're ready to move on (no matter how they spin it), Rodgers will come back and be a good team guy, taking part in the non-mandatory stuff, going "all in," as the team suggested it needed from him? Does anyone really think that would happen? And then you're going to totally piss off the guy you've proclaimed as your future.

I do not think that it's a better position than the Jets have.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

bobblehead is right, and Fritz is wrong here - of course. If the trade falls through - still a beautiful longshot at this point, Rodgers will be back, and he will certainly be all in. $59 million and a few kind words will douse any burning bridges, if indeed they were ever burning just because media shitheads spew crap saying so.

And leverage? The fact that the guy is under contract rules the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    What are you talking about? Rodgers said he intends to play for the Jets. Most posters here are reasonable and aren't dead set on a trade because they recognize Rodgers gives the Packers the best chance of winning this year. Tex assumes anyone that even mentions benefits of a trade hates Rodgers because Tex is a shithead Packer fan hater.
    Without addressing your beef with tex you said its Rodgers that wants a trade, not us. I'm assuming you mean the team by us, not posters here. The team wants to move on as well at this point. Its Love time. Its MiLF true offense time. Its cap rebuild time.

Fritz, its never as bad as perceived from the outside. I think if the jets won't make a fair offer then calling Rodgers and insisting we always wanted him back, and we obviously value him more than the jets cuz we won't give him away would work out just fine. We could also tell him that if he doesn't want to come back we will open talks with SF.

Fritz, its never as bad as perceived from the outside. I think if the jets won't make a fair offer then calling Rodgers and insisting we always wanted him back, and we obviously value him more than the jets cuz we won't give him away would work out just fine. We could also tell him that if he doesn't want to come back we will open talks with SF.
    Couple things: first, I acknowledge that you (and Tex in this particular case) have a point: organizations backtrack all the time and pretend they're not backtracking. So it's conceivable Rodgers comes back. You guys are right on that.

But then what do you do about Jordan Love? IF Rodgers is once again going to be The Guy, are you going to let Love walk? Are you going to give him the fifth year contract and tie up a bazillion dollars in two QB's? Are you going to sign him to a long-term deal without really knowing for sure what you've got? Are you willing to go into next offseason and do this all again, for the third year in a row, except this time if Rodgers retires, you don't have anyone waiting in the wings?

I have also wondered if the Jets are thinking along these lines - cuz how could they not? If they really really don't want to part with that first rounder this year, do you simply put the trade on hold until after the draft? Rodgers's boy wonder Alan Lazard has already gone on record saying Rodgers won't need a bunch of time to get acclimated since he already knows Hackett's system, so he's set the stage for Rodgers not "needing" to be in for OTA's and all that. If the Jets simply wait the Packers out, they won't be trading any of this year's picks at all, so they can load up. Then you've got the Packers in a bit of a bind, so they have to take next year's pick, which the Jets are imagining is going to be #32 or near that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Without addressing your beef with tex you said its Rodgers that wants a trade, not us. I'm assuming you mean the team by us, not posters here. The team wants to move on as well at this point. Its Love time. Its MiLF true offense time. Its cap rebuild time.
    I'm assuming also you mean the team, although I was at least as much referring to posters who so inexplicably crave going into mediocrity mode. When you say "team", also, I assume you mean Gutekunst and probably Murphy. I doubt LaFleur is very much on board with the stupidity, and I very much doubt any or many of the players have that dumbass mindset. I've seen various crap written about "LaFleur's offense". His offense, it seems, is reactive, not proactive. LaFleur was wise enough to subordinate his ego all through the time he has had Rodgers, doing what worked best and won games using the tools he had. Yeah, without Rodgers, he'd undoubtedly need to run more, but I doubt he'd be very pleased to basically have less effective tools than in the past i.e. Rodgers gone.

And "cap rebuild time" time? A big no way to that, although as I have said, if Rodgers is gone, neither that nor anything else much matters anyway.

Rodgers says he intends to play for the NYJ. I don't think he's coming back to GB and wearing the G&G.
    Yes, the Jets could back out but it would be a messy backtrack. I think it's 99.9% a done deal.

This could easily drag on until offseason workouts start in mid April. Should it go past then the draft is in late April. After that people are going to get very restless, and a deal could fall apart or another team could swoop in and offer something for Rodgers, but I think the Jets are the destination. I don't see GB backing out on JL and going back to AR, not with all the camp drama and cap mess that would create.

I'm thinking early April things heat up and something gets done.